2016 Roadster - wrapped pipes

edgelett

The head shields on my other half's Vance and Hines exhaust broke - basically the brackets vibrated till they snapped. rather than pay for new heat shields which he thought would break again, he decided to get wrapped pipes.
apparently on the ride home as the glue cooked away on the pipes they smoked like hell to the point cars were waving him down haha.
After 15 mins they were good though. apparently they're quite hot in traffic now though.
but, they look good and he's happy.
they also adjusted his bars with some custom risers - a lot comfier for him now.20210804_190652.jpg
20210804_190911.jpg

20210804_190939.jpg

K9F

Good job there wrapping them. Has he thought about getting the pipes chromed and ditching the wrap? Mate of mine did it on his 48 and they look quite cool 'au naturale?'

IMG_1458.jpg.

DeplorableOne

The head shields on my other half's Vance and Hines exhaust broke - basically the brackets vibrated till they snapped. rather than pay for new heat shields which he thought would break again, he decided to get wrapped pipes.
apparently on the ride home as the glue cooked away on the pipes they smoked like hell to the point cars were waving him down haha.
After 15 mins they were good though. apparently they're quite hot in traffic now though.
but, they look good and he's happy.
they also adjusted his bars with some custom risers - a lot comfier for him now.View attachment 4155
View attachment 4156

View attachment 4157
Yeah I had the same bike, also wrapped the exhaust, also had it and smoking and stinking like hell for the first few rides after. Looks good. Mine broke a bunch off stuff and the heat killed it, hence the FTR

edgelett

Yeah I had the same bike, also wrapped the exhaust, also had it and smoking and stinking like hell for the first few rides after. Looks good. Mine broke a bunch off stuff and the heat killed it, hence the FTR
If Tony gets another bike after the Roadster, it will probably be something in a similar style. He's happy with it for now so we'll see how long it lasts :)

Syco13x

That looks great on the Roadster. I almost bought a Roadster earlier this year, it had an upgraded (but not insanely loud) exhaust, and performance clutch installed. Ultimately it was just not a good time to buy for me, and the bike sold shortly after I decided I couldn't buy it... so it wasn't meant to be. But damn! For a very simple bike (compared to my Triumph), that Roadster was a total joy to ride. But now that I have ridden a 2022 FTR, I couldn't happily ride the Roadster. LOL! I'd just be day dreaming about the FTR the whole time, like I'm doing now with my Triumph.