2022 Carbon R production numbers/Bike locations.

hleshot

#982 (edited) out of NC. Copart buy...and she wasn't that damaged at all. Will make a great BRL/ Hooligan race bike I'm hoping.

Does anyone know if the Akro mid pipe (CAT delete) will work on the 22's?

Last edited:

edgelett

Does anyone know if the Akro mid pipe (CAT delete) will work on the 22's?
The cat is welded on to the 2022 FTR, so no. You would need to cut the cat off and fabricate your own link pipe and weld it on. There are no real 'mass produced' link pipes for the 2022 due to the oval shape and welded cat.

hleshot

The cat is welded on to the 2022 FTR, so no. You would need to cut the cat off and fabricate your own link pipe and weld it on. There are no real 'mass produced' link pipes for the 2022 due to the oval shape and welded cat.
Thanks so much. I'll take a shot at just that. Getting weight off this thing is paramount. I should be able to get more weight off of it with the race tank and seat mount RSD's making for it, if done soon. Has anyone done a front end conversion here for an R6 front end? Not sure the triples will fit up, the R6 forks are 43mm and same length. This will allow the larger rotors and R6 calipers (and wheels).

Sullaha

Thanks so much. I'll take a shot at just that. Getting weight off this thing is paramount. I should be able to get more weight off of it with the race tank and seat mount RSD's making for it, if done soon. Has anyone done a front end conversion here for an R6 front end? Not sure the triples will fit up, the R6 forks are 43mm and same length. This will allow the larger rotors and R6 calipers (and wheels).
The 2022 FTR has the same diameter rotors as the R6 and the same width and diameter wheel, apart from weight reduction what are you hoping to achieve?

hleshot

The 2022 FTR has the same diameter rotors as the R6 and the same width and diameter wheel, apart from weight reduction what are you hoping to achieve?
Extra wheels are cheaper and will accommodate full floaters. I haven't checked to see if the FTR bolt pattern will allow use of any type of full floater.

Max Kool

The FTR has rotors mounted with a spring washer between the spacer and the rotor. They float. The same setup as earlier year S1000RR. (in fact, the exact same rotors).

Walrus

A limited edition running into the thousands isn't really "limited." This is an old watch maker scam to provide the aura of exclusivity and jack up the price. Also done by Alfa Romeo, Porsche and other motor companies.
My rule after a lifetime of collecting crap is something numbered 100 and under is truly "limited. Years from now, you'll find the cachet of limited FTR doesn't normally translate into a fatter price.
That said, I bought a "limited" Triumph 760R moto 2. But not as a collectible. Turned into a track bike, where it is awesome. So if you like the extra frills on a "limited" get it for those reasons, not for future resale.

Mckid4

Hopefully they continue to make them. Just joined this forum as I have been researching and looking at FTR’s for a few weeks now. Just listed my Superduke 1290 for sale in hopes to sell, and find a low mile used Carbon R this spring/summer to pick up.