2022 Carbon R production numbers/Bike locations.

ciphfer

I picked up mine on Oct 7.

It was number 2279. I placed the order on July 28, so I would have to guess that my bike was nearing the end of the 2022 run.

rawsoncj

“Limited edition” number 1877 chilling out on a showroom floor in New Zealand… about 15 months after the same dealership told me the FTR R Carbon was on a limited run, and NZ would probably only get like 4 of them, so if I wanted one I’d better jump on it nooooow.

I don’t regret buying mine (#352) at all, but between the “limited edition” thing and them screwing me out of $1500 in free accessories despite telling me in writing that the bike I was buying was eligible for the promo, I’ll never take this dealership at its word again.

6A732EF0-EFBE-4C60-990C-70FD7BF18E8D.jpeg

D

Deleted member 706

@rawsoncj
As time goes on I'm less and less impressed with Polaris and all their spin.
The FTR is a good bike but not quite the bike that they hyped it up to be.

DJ121

I believe mine is #961, have to check when I get home from overseas, only ridden the bike 2x before leaving, loved it!

nailbeater

Hopefully they continue to make them. Just joined this forum as I have been researching and looking at FTR’s for a few weeks now. Just listed my Superduke 1290 for sale in hopes to sell, and find a low mile used Carbon R this spring/summer to pick up.
Did you find one

nailbeater

I did just the same, sold a 1290 SDR, bought an FTR Carbon R, less power, less speed, love it :)
Yes there is something about the FTR that is just fun. I'm putting a quick shifter on mine this Winter and possibly some clip on handlebars To put me in a more aggressive position.

DJ121

Yes there is something about the FTR that is just fun. I'm putting a quick shifter on mine this Winter and possibly some clip on handlebars To put me in a more aggressive position.
This is a great idea, the auto-blipper does not have much of a function outside of track use. On the street if you need the auto blipper you've probably pushed way too far into a turn and may end up in the forest on the other side :) The Quickshift I used a few times on the street, but other than that I'd use the clutch to save wear and tear on the drive train components.

nailbeater

This is a great idea, the auto-blipper does not have much of a function outside of track use. On the street if you need the auto blipper you've probably pushed way too far into a turn and may end up in the forest on the other side :) The Quickshift I used a few times on the street, but other than that I'd use the clutch to save wear and tear on the drive train components.
Absolutely. It will only be used when needed. Not every shift. Clutch will be used mostly. Only time I'll use it is when I'm racing with friends.

LeviA

I picked up number 2195 last month with 38 miles on it. One of the most visually pleasing bikes I think I’ve seen.

Attachments

• 70354381595__BA6B7703-D9CD-42C6-8B4C-6D0742F10BCF.jpeg
    70354381595__BA6B7703-D9CD-42C6-8B4C-6D0742F10BCF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

lbales1

I've got #213 from the UK.
Dealer told me it was the first sold in the UK (I'm also sure they tell this to everyone ha!)

arobert3

Just curious, How many 2022 Carbon R were made?

Where have then ended up so far?

It would be cool to see.

I pick mine up this Friday. I've waited 4 months for my dealer to receive. Mine is #540, I think.

I'll have more questions I'm sure... like what's the best plate/flasher relocation product out for the FTR?
I just got mine 3 weeks ago and the New Rage tail tidy with integrated turn signals was my first modification, followed by bar end mirrors and today a TOCE slip-on. I have a carbon belly pan on the way and a few more bling bits on the wish list.