2022 Exhaust/Header options

allyoop

Okay, so ive purchased a 2022 Carbon, I love it. I do like the sound, but I think it could use a little (a lot) more bite. I really love the way the stock exhaust (blacked out akras) look, but I also want much more sound than im getting.

I REALLY like the style and sound of the Toce 2-1 full system with the polished headers(https://toceperformance.com/indian-ftr1200-low-mount-2-1-full-exhaust-system-2022), but theyre quite expensive and for that much id like titanium headers.
Video of toce pipes on an FTR Im using as a reference:

For the titanium headers ask, im looking at Zard, but im not sure if you can fit the 2019/20 headers to a 22 FTR. (https://shop.officineitalianezard.it/en/indian-ftr-1200-exhaust-headers-kit/). If so, i could use those headers, a zard exhaust, or any other slip on that fits.

Curious to see what some of you have done? Id have been happy to decat the bike but for some reason Indian welded the headers to the cats on the 22 Ftr's and replacing the akra slip-ons would both get rid of great looking pipes while also not changing the sound all that much with the cats still on.

I realize I could take the db killers out of the akras, but it requires you to cut up the exhaust from what ive seen, and Id rather not do that, would be more interested in selling them intact and doing a full system replacement, but again, I am here looking for options and open to suggestions.

tldr - stock exhaust, even with the akras, is a little too gutless for my taste on a bike of this caliber. Id like to be able to hear my own bike on group rides. Please offer suggestions/advice

The Zard headers won’t fit, the rear cylinder pipe is different on the 2022, so far only Toce have made the necessary modifications to get a header to fit the 2022. You don’t have to cut up the Akras, just a hole drilled at 8 o’clock and filled by another rubber bung just like the one at 6 o’clock

allyoop

The Zard headers won’t fit, the rear cylinder pipe is different on the 2022, so far only Toce have made the necessary modifications to get a header to fit the 2022. You don’t have to cut up the Akras, just a hole drilled at 8 o’clock and filled by another rubber bung just like the one at 6 o’clock
Thanks for the heads up on the Zard headers, I assumed they wouldnt work but wanted to be sure.

allyoop

Any way I could fit these? Would need new headers and mid pipe to make it worth it but its an incredible sound:

edgelett

sadly with the 2022 you can't use a link pipe due to the cat being welded on to the header - your only options are either a slip on or a full system and the only full system at this Time for the 2022 due to the different rear is the Toce.
I'd post a video but.... you posted my video for me haha!

so I Guess options are:
1) wait until someone else makes headers for the 2022
2) get any other slip-on that leaves the cat
3) take the baffles out the Akras.

you might be able to find someone who has changed to another slip-on that is selling their Akras and drill those? that way you have an intact set still just in case.

allyoop

sadly with the 2022 you can't use a link pipe due to the cat being welded on to the header - your only options are either a slip on or a full system and the only full system at this Time for the 2022 due to the different rear is the Toce.

so I Guess options are:

you might be able to find someone who has changed to another slip-on that is selling their Akras and drill those? that way you have an intact set still just in case.
Thank you so much for the detailed reply! Also what a coincidence I happened upon your video of the Toce 😂 I love that video and it got me hooked on the toce system right away. I discovered it at like a few hundred views as well!

For the time being I’m leaning towards the toce system. Those polished headers are incredibly sharp and I could be okay with them not being titanium for the looks alone, after all I bought the FTR based on its looks almost entirely. I truly think it’s a future classic.

I’m probably going to be doing this next spring anyways, so hopefully some more full systems come out so I have options at least.

Doing the full system, toce or otherwise, allows me to either hold on to my current system - which I’m partial to in the event I keep the bike long term and for some reason want to return it to stock- or to sell my system intact to someone that would want the black akra slip on, or to go back to a full system with a cat (for some reason idk, but I’ve seen it happen where someone once bought a used hayabusa and traded the aftermarket system for a stock system to make the bike tolerably quiet).

edgelett

I still have my stock exhaust and headers in the shed just in case - but the Toce is epic. the polished headers go a beautiful gold after a few hundred kms of riding

Any way I could fit these? Would need new headers and mid pipe to make it worth it but its an incredible sound:
There are custom exhaust fabricators that can accommodate you. Cut cat from header, weld on oval to round adaptor, make a pipe from header to your exhaust choice. Call around to a few muffler/exhaust shops for recommendations in your area.

cupcake_mike

You're local to Departure bike works...go over and introduce yourself to Lee and see what he would charge to build you a custom header, its worth a shot...Make something nobody else has...Lee is a legend

M9Carbon22

so I Guess options are:

Your in Australia yes? no problems with noise on the full system? Police or neighbours? Also did you change the air filter or power mapping to match? No issues with Tuning?

edgelett

Your in Australia yes? no problems with noise on the full system? Police or neighbours? Also did you change the air filter or power mapping to match? No issues with Tuning?
yep I'm in Adelaide.
No issues with neighbours but I'm also in a band and my other half has a Harley so they're used to us being noisy.
I got the DB killer installed with mine so it's not as loud as it could be - same volume as the Harley.
So far I've been past several police cars and none have pulled me over.

didn't change the air filter due to advise from a bunch of people on this forum that it does nothing other than let in more dirt particles.

I got a tune from Lloyds garage in the USA, it's been brilliant. I still have the original ECU software so I can tune via PV3.

Aleko

yep I'm in Adelaide.
No issues with neighbours but I'm also in a band and my other half has a Harley so they're used to us being noisy.
I got the DB killer installed with mine so it's not as loud as it could be - same volume as the Harley.
So far I've been past several police cars and none have pulled me over.

didn't change the air filter due to advise from a bunch of people on this forum that it does nothing other than let in more dirt particles.

I got a tune from Lloyds garage in the USA, it's been brilliant. I still have the original ECU software so I can tune via PV3.
I just deleted the cat and popped on the S&S ,
Christmas has come. It wheelies 1st,2nd,3rd!
Yes it pops and farts. But so did my Harley 1600 fxd..
i dunno if I actually need to even get a tune from .FM
It pulls well. ..
I may have even lost my license today!
Oooops!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can get them with abs without the cat. But both looses performance over the stock exhaust

motocroft

Hey legends - what are people using as hole stoppers/bungs to cover the second drilled hole when removing baffles?

I had ordered Akrapovic genuine ones ~6 weeks ago and I'm losing confidence they will actually arrive.
The Latvian Post tracking has gone radio silent.