2022 FTR Carbon - Track Mode?

Rlarsen462

Hey all, did they eliminate the track mode in the 2022? I have seen screenshots of it on here, but the option literally isn't there on my 2022 next to the Traction Control on/off slider. Or am I missing something? Manual wasn't helpful and I haven't found a topic covering this specifically by searching.

Thanks in advance!

Max Kool

Correct.

No track mode on the 2022 model, all you can do is turn Traction Control off. ABS is always on.

Rlarsen462

Thanks! Assume this is some kind of safety feature... Is it possible to turn off ABS (or rather, create the option to do so) with a tune (like Lloydz) or tuner?

I can't realistically think of why I would necessarily need to, though, as long as you can turn off everything else I probably wouldn't have a need to turn the ABS off.

Charliemurphay

There was a user that wired up a little toggle switch to the right side cover next to the fuse box and wired it into the ABS fuse so he could basically toggle the fuse and therefor the ABS on and off at a whim. Pretty slick if you’re into that.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I think it’s more of a global platform deal. Where abs is going to be mandatory.

if I remember correctly the ktm super duke, once you flash it for track mode the turn signals don’t work. As it’s made for only track use at that point.

Fuse5

I think it’s more of a global platform deal.
Seems to be. Our ´19 FTR got different global files (engine ones, like every bike and manufacturer) as well.
Would be there a different file (*.swu) on a `22 from the ´19 ´s last one? ( *.2104A)

That would be worth an experiment. But I'm afraid it simply won't load the older SWU's and you get a warning of some sorts...
Older files doesnt work.. experiment done 2 years ago.

Track mode on a `22 ..
engine or/and controlling software ?

Max Kool

As expected, that it won't work.

Oh I'm sure with enough hacking the ECU can be programmed to disable both TC and ABS, the question is, is any tuner/ software programmer willing to do it (it's a legal issue too I guess)

Fuse5

Ok.. (there was one afaik and rememeber ..from UK with the nav system)
I´am just interested in. Is there a different ride command *.swu file on a ´22?

ryde4ever

There was a user that wired up a little toggle switch to the right side cover next to the fuse box and wired it into the ABS fuse so he could basically toggle the fuse and therefor the ABS on and off at a whim. Pretty slick if you’re into that.
Any chance you remember who the user is? Or possibly know what to search for to find that post? I have searched with different keywords but can't find it.