2022 FTR Owner Report

brad21

2022 Carbon here.

Brand new leaving the dealer in Tuscon, stalled several times leaving stop lights. Cylinder deactivation was on. Turned it off and hadn't used it until it automatically got turned on with re-flash. (weird...)

I'm at 4800 miles now and just did the Fuel Moto flash. Cylinder deactivation got turned on and I have left it on. No problems so far. I also upgraded to Raximo levers which made the grabby clutch much easier to control.

Also, minor annoying surging between 2500-3500 rpm's is much better. Mid-range and top end is great. Really great!

My bike is stock with the exception of pulling the baffles out of the stock Akra's.

I'm at altitude here in western Nevada too. House is at 5000 ft.

Jb87

Hello
Took delivery of new model FTR S White Smoke which is coming up to 500 miles and surges in all gears between 4000 - 6000 RPM's unless accelerating. Going in for first service in a couple of weeks so I'll see what the dealer has to say
I def experience surging while in cruise control regularly. I am a daily commuter in north west washington so its fairly cold here. When I start her up in the morning it's been mid 30's F she will always start on the second try. I really love her though. Also just took my baffles out and wow she's so much throatier.

Swampass

I've noticed no surging. Modulating the clutch is a task when the bike has just been started. I will sometimes stall it. I've remedied that by allowing some temp in the engine before setting off. I usually fire it up and go. Now I let it idle while I put on my jacket, helmets and gloves. In that amount of time it's all good. I also do not ride in sport mode.

Breto

I've noticed no surging. Modulating the clutch is a task when the bike has just been started. I will sometimes stall it. I've remedied that by allowing some temp in the engine before setting off. I usually fire it up and go. Now I let it idle while I put on my jacket, helmets and gloves. In that amount of time it's all good. I also do not ride in sport mode.
Why no sport mode?