2022 ftr-s slip on compatability

arobert3

I have another question. I hope I am not boring people but I am really close to buying an FTR Carbon and I need a little nurturing. I was in the store today and they had a new Carbon next to a used 19 Rally (I think) the 2019 used one had the Akra muffler with the baffles drilled out exactly as described here. The new one also had Akra mufflers but they are a slightly different design. The cutouts on the tip of the used one make it very obvious where 8 O’clock is to drill the holes. If you look at the newer model it is not so obvious. My question therefore is “has anybody drilled out the baffles on the Akra on a 2022, and if so is the procedure the same (drill holes at 8 O’clock) - thanks

edgelett

yes, my husband drilled out the baffles on his 2022 FTR and the procedure is exactly the same as the 2019.

arobert3

Thanks, that is good to know because I was a bit disheartened when I read that they spot weld them - does he have a picture of the hole he drilled before pulling the baffles out?

edgelett

no we don't sorry, we just followed the exact instructions in the video on YouTube about baffle removal.
I know some people have said they had spot welds but there weren't any on his. we did however take the muffler off and give it a little tap with a block of wood from the back to get them loose once the screws were drilled.