2022 ftr-s slip on compatability

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
No reason it shouldn’t. But it really shouldn’t have been made with how ugly and poor the angles of it are.

Get2theChoppa

No reason it shouldn’t. But it really shouldn’t have been made with how ugly and poor the angles of it are.
I personally feel it looks decent since it matches the angle of the sub frame/tail, but I think it sounds the best. It’s the cat that makes it ugly. I simultaneously don’t want to spend 2,000 US dollars, and want to sound more aggressive than a sewing machine.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
This is what you’re talking about? The angle points almost straight back. Not in line with lower more visual part of the subframe

but yes any slip on that goes onto the cat from a 2019’fits a 2022

Attachments

• 24972FDF-C67C-443F-9E9F-AE59758376F4.jpeg
    24972FDF-C67C-443F-9E9F-AE59758376F4.jpeg
    347.3 KB · Views: 22

Get2theChoppa

This is what you’re talking about? The angle points almost straight back. Not in line with lower more visual part of the subframe

but yes any slip on that goes onto the cat from a 2019’fits a 2022
The line of the subframe that meets the seat, not the silhouette of the bike.
Thanks!

Osclie

Guys if you are fitting the S&S slip on. Then remove the DB killer. Specially on the 22 with the welded cat. A std S&S sounds boring/ like std exhaust at idle. without DB killers it sounds awsome at idle.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 8.35.33 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 8.35.33 PM.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 17
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 8.35.43 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 8.35.43 PM.jpeg
    354.2 KB · Views: 16

Osclie

I am in the understanding that the US and EU versions are different. They have different types of DB killer. I think I read that the US version it more restricted. I might be wrong though.

Max Kool

I am in the understanding that the US and EU versions are different. They have different types of DB killer. I think I read that the US version it more restricted. I might be wrong though.
I expect them to be identical

Osclie

What slip-ons are they mate? Are they mounted to the pegs or are they just attached via the jubilee clips? I really like the look, was thinking of doing something similar and getting some universal mufflers and attaching to the Akrapovic link pipe!
Slips straight on after cat. It uses the standard pegs. No modification required. Very easy t fit.

arobert3

I had this question about slip on exhausts that I thought I would ask the forum about and when I logged on it seems that I am not the only one with this question. I am about to purchase an FTR brand new. One of the first mods I plan on doing is to address the sound either by drilling out the Akra baffles or fitting a Toce slip on- When I looked on the Toce Web Site I see the full system or the slip-on with a note that the link pipe will not work on the 22 model. So, my question is simple - does this mean that I can fit a Toce Slip-on or is the full system my only option?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
“Link pipe” is a cat delete. Which won’t fit a 22. But the slip on will.

from the cat back, nothings changes since 2019