2022 Radiator shrouds

Yes, that’s because the pushpins add the tension to the system as I said. I’m now concerned that his rad might have been bent when he went over on side stand...
The previous owner of my base Black said it fell over . He fully disclosed it. I went to replace the RH radiator tank cover because it was scuffed. Upon removing it I saw the tank was dented in and the top mounting tabs were bent/deformed. Sooooooooooooooo $300 later I have a new Radiator. It was easy to install but dont let the cooling fins touch the front brake lines. It will bend them over and be a cosmetic problem if you are OCD like me.

Timps27

@castcrankguy Pretty much the exact same on mine, but I just bent the tabs back into place. They bend quite easy, as long as you do it slowly it shouldn’t fatigue the metal too bad.

pushit

In my case, TBD. I would say the airflow does feel more directed out to the sides, but I wouldn’t say it reduces the amount of heat felt yet. I’d think that rear cyl deactivation is gonna be the biggest heat reducer on the 2022’s.

That said I got these for aesthetic’s over function, if they reduce heat felt, cool. If not, meh. I just like the way they look.
I'm on a '22 and unfortunately it's still hot. I was riding around in 87 degree temps last weekend. If you are stuck going low speeds 20-30mph it's brutal.
Idling at a stop I don't care, I can stand up and get away from the heat, I don't feel like the cylinder deactivated helps much. But if I'm moving too slow, it feels like I'm sitting right in front of an oven door left open preheated to 350 degrees.

Charliemurphay

I'm on a '22 and unfortunately it's still hot. I was riding around in 87 degree temps last weekend. If you are stuck going low speeds 20-30mph it's brutal.
Idling at a stop I don't care, I can stand up and get away from the heat, I don't feel like the cylinder deactivated helps much. But if I'm moving too slow, it feels like I'm sitting right in front of an oven door left open preheated to 350 degrees.
Dang, well….big v-twins gonna big v-twin I guess.

pushit

Yea... we are sitting right on top of the rear cylinder. I don't think there's much that can really be done about it.
Come winter time we have a built in seat heater though. Thats nice I guess.

JDP

I have a 2019 FTR and my left inner thigh gets real hot but if I spread my leg out it’s ok, I just demo rode the 2022 FTR and didn’t have any heat issues and it was about 98 outside bike was running 178-200 the only thing difference that I could see was the side radiator covers, looks like it blows the heat away, has anyone checked this out ?

JDP

You can now order the 2022 Radiator shrouds, you will need items 20, 21, 23, 32, and 33 from the diagram list

https://www.indianmotorcycle.com/en-us/assembly/?modelId=N22RZR25A8&assemblyId=436075

Comes to around $80
I just ordered mine but they don’t have #23 shroud-radiator l/h but I guess they will contact me when they come in, thanks for the info, I road tested the new FTRs yesterday and it was 98 degrees outside and my leg never got hot like it does on my 2019 model the Indian rep didn’t even know why, thanks again

JDP

Just talked to Polaris and the left side shroud won’t be in until March 2022, damn that sucks

Greg

Anyone in England managed this yet? Looked at trying to source these parts but struggling??

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
They are just Oem parts of a 22. So tell your dealer you have a 22. You can also buy the kit they now offer.