A Quick Antigravity Battery Question

EllenGtrGrl

As you may recall, I had battery issues again, with my FTR1200, so I decided to switch tomorrow, to a lithium ion battery. The battery I opted for per ferraiolo1's suggestion, was an Antigravity HD12.

I have the battery in hand, the time to finally install it, and since the weather will be warm enough tomorrow for a morning work commute (I won't freeze doing 75-80 mph [120-130 kph] on the freeway), have decided to install the battery after I get home from work today. Since the Antigravity battery is a bit smaller than the OEM sealed lead-acid battery, am I going to need to put a foam pad in the battery tray, under the battery (made out of high temperature foam, since the tray is located right in front of the engine) to keep it from bouncing around from road vibration?

Last edited:

EllenGtrGrl

I didnt add any foam. Its almost the same size as the oem battery.
Cool! Thanks for the info. :) That means I can get down to business (after wresting the OEM battery out of the the tray) with installing the battery, without having to spend time looking for a foam sheet to use as pad material. I assume that the Antigravity battery has enough charge in it that I won't need to put it on a charger first?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Nope, should be good to go, the battery cover has a bit of foam on it that presses onto the battery

EllenGtrGrl

Hi Tash,

Actually, it's working very well. :) The Antigravity LiIon installed very easily, and I've had no problems starting my FTR1200 since I installed it, despite having rainy weather that has kept me from riding as much as I would like to. Battery voltage has consistently been 13.1 volts or higher.

Ellen,
Getting ready for work, debating if she should commute on the FTR1200 (the chance of rain is 30%, and unfortunately I've had many times, where I've gotten soaked on the ride home from work, when I road to work on a 30% chance of rain day).