A very interesting article…

Max Kool

I'm skeptical.... (there's like a promising newer/better battery technology every few months)

Last edited:

Breto

I'm skeptical.... (there's like a promising newer/better battery technology every few months)
Yeah but ya gotta admit the tech is amazing and the fact that environmentally it’s a bonus. Not that I’m a greenie but no waste from a plant that can be made into sustainable batteries is awesome.

Breto

Yeah but ya gotta admit the tech is amazing and the fact that environmentally it’s a bonus. Not that I’m a greenie but no waste from a plant that can be made into sustainable batteries is awesome.

Breto

Oh yeah, mining lithium, nickel and other ores is an environmental mess
Totally mate…the energy required to mine and process those materials into the current batteries say in the Teslas and the fact that there is no facility currently equipped to recycle these batteries makes this tech so appealing. We need to use materials that can be grown easily in any environment with minimal impact. I think it’s amazing and I really hope it all comes to fruition without being squashed by the controlling bodies. There is also more exciting news regarding 3d printing of houses that can cut building costs by upto 70 percent. We live in exciting times. Volatile but exciting times.

edgelett

some people just get excited at the word 'hemp' in literally everything though cause in their mind they think 'yeah man, weed clothes/batteries/houses'!

I'm seeing some cool stuff starting to happen with sand batteries - these may well be a move viable option for houses that want to store their solar etc for example. But again the tech has a long way to go and I haven't seen them used commercially just yet.

Having said all that, hey I'm all for looking for alternatives that are better environmentally and actually work!