Almost a thousand miles since february.

broncoguy27

I travel for a living so I don't have the opportunities to ride as much as I would like to.
I absolutely love the ftr. I did a 200 mi one-way trip to the airport with my tools and luggage, and it did great. It's the best two-up bike I've had in a long time because it's relatively narrow when I can get my short pudgy little legs down. I can take my little kids or even my big kid on it without a problem.
Yes, the throttle is weird, yes, the handling could probably be described as unique. That all being said, one of the reasons I bought the bike besides the fact that it was gorgeous was that it's not the same as every other bike I've ever owned. The other thing is it's nice to get away from all the plastic and fairings and extra stuff. No matter what else you say about the throttle mapping, the fact that it makes plenty of power and under 80 miles an hour and under 7,000 RPMs is is totally brilliant. The bike does a lot of things pretty well, you can sit on it and ride it for a long time, it handles pretty well, and it makes enough power to keep it fun.
I find that I don't mind the hundred Mile fills when I'm on a trip, it's nice to get off and stretch. It does bother me a bit for the around town stuff where if I make three or four trips to the store, it needs to get fuel. Anyway, I would recommend it all day long to somebody who didn't have a racer wannabe syndrome, and who is experienced/patient enough to appreciate it's quirks.