Alternative tires.... Conti Road Attack 3

R. Warshawsky

Oh, I see your point, yes I do have it set higher than recommended in the book Good attention to detail, as always. I think the sidewall state max pressure only. I will have to try lower on the front. Will test and report back. Thanx again!

Breto

I run 38 rear and 34 front on every Tyre on all my bikes except my trailys…never failed me yet…but my wife’s bobber scout, 36 front and rear…👍

Timps27

Get after it buddy!! Love seeing that soft outer compound melting from the work you put into it!

Breto

It’s funny really, because the majority of the bits on the Tyre aren’t mine…tended to pick up bits of rubber from the race line. They kinda stuck to the Tyre and just pulled off. Not like when you peel bits off your Tyre. Mind you the tides out tell tales we’re a welcome sign…happy with the pressure choice and suspension settings. I remember my last track day on my Thruxton I totally fried a set of rossos. Still ran road pressures. Man I paid for that…but yeah I know what you mean. 👍😎

...Very impressed with the RA3’s. After 5, 15 minute sessions. Awesome grip for a road Tyre on the track. Pressures for track use 30 front 28 rear.
Why the difference in tire pressures for track use? Would a difference on the street be beneficial?

Max Kool

@Bart Carter Yes a difference on the street would be beneficial if you value grip over longevity, especially on very twisty roads. They also get hotter on the track, which could make the pressures once warmed up too high if you use street pressures. Don't go too low on the street btw, it may impair braking stability for instance if you go too low on the front, or pinch the tire on a pothole.

Max Kool

Oh, can someone who just installed new CRA3's on his bike measure the center thread depth in mm's for me please?