An easy visual mod

mark.lb

Don’t F... with me Max.

All I was saying is - I have concerns about Polaris being forced to change the name of the Indian brand.

We live in a very divisive and politically charged country right now.

What brings us together on this forum is a love for the “Indian” FTR motorcycle. There are season ticket holders in Washington and Cleveland who are very angry about their beloved teams being forced to change their names. I would be equally angry if Polaris was forced to remove the name Indian from their motorcycles. I have great respect for the opinion of the Native Americans with regard to naming rights. (I have no respect for liberal snowflakes thinking everything is racist.) I was told by my dealership owner that Polaris actually consults with Native American Tribal Council so they do not run into difficulty with the brand. Lets hope we can continue to respect Native Americans an simultaneously use the name Indian on great motorcycles.

Don’t ever tell me to take my opinion to another forum again.

Max Kool

Or what? (that was a borderline threat imho)

Seriously, people have different opinions. I'm not sharing mine, pls don't share yours either please. It can only lead to division and discussions we see over and over again on the other forum.

mark.lb

No threat intended.
You seem like a great guy. Just asking you to respect other people’s opinion/perspective that may not necessarily align with yours.

Max Kool

And I am asking you to keep it to yourself for the exact above reason, especially phrases like this "I have no respect for..." (see what happened there?)

I respect you, you respect me, and I sincerely belief the best way to do that is not expressing these kind of frustrations/fears on a global forum with people from different backgrounds.

Last edited:

mark.lb

I understand your concern. Ride on Brother!
(If I ever get to SoCal or you every get to PA it would be my pleasure to take a “rip” with you....)

ForTheRandy

If the snowflakes do eventually blackmail Polaris and force them into dropping the Indian name, any suggestions for alternatives?
I have a few:
1) Spirit Motorcycle Company (After Spirit Lake, Iowa)
2) Tomahawk Motorcycle Company
3) Bison Motorcycle Company

Mlazarus

If the snowflakes do eventually blackmail Polaris and force them into dropping the Indian name, any suggestions for alternatives?
I have a few:
1) Spirit Motorcycle Company (After Spirit Lake, Iowa)
2) Tomahawk Motorcycle Company
3) Bison Motorcycle Company
I vote for suggestion 2. I already have the logo.