Antigravity battery for the ftr.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
They don’t really need a tender. But they have recommended tenders listed in their website

Last edited:

K9F

Will my standard Battery Tender safely charge/maintain this battery?

That'll be a definite NO! You need a LiFeP04 compatible tender. Use the wrong tender this happens, a regular battery has 6 cells each 2.2 volts capacity Lithium Ion battery cells have a complete different construction and are 3.7 volts per cell with internal protection circuitry built into the battery:

img_2193_68f0ed44e2c7f76a4d75983f9be2ef7b9d0d8fac.jpg

Last edited:

cupcake_mike

You can use a regular tender, but the rub is don't leave it on any longer than you must (shows full). Lithiums, do, after all, work with standard charging systems with no mods necessary. This is obviously because your regulator is shedding excess voltage as heat (something not happening when on a tender). The problem that happens is when people try to treat lithiums like lead acid/agm, leaving them on the tender indefinitely, which is how they get overchargd and they catch on fire. (See above).

A lithium has an extremely low discharge rate with no load on it, I've had them sitting on the shelf for a year or more with very negligible voltage loss. If you find that your lithium requires "topping off" after a few weeks of inactivity, you have a problem with your bike's charging system or the battery.

If you don't require the security of the recharge option, antigravity has a hell of a deal, about 40% off msrp for their "old" models on their website. I imagine they are discontinuing those models, but they still work just as well.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Exactly mike. If I remember correctly he said the discharge rate was something like .01v per month, he said in the winter Just disconnect the battery, and it will be fine all winter.

these dang new fangled smart batteries

Exactly mike. If I remember correctly he said the discharge rate was something like .01v per month, he said in the winter Just disconnect the battery, and it will be fine all winter...
So, is there anything electrical that takes juice if the bike is off? Some sort of memory, clock, anti-theft, etc.?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
On mine, no, my oem battery has always been fine all winter with no tender on it.

Some bikes have a draw, seems to come from certain turn signals

Last edited: