Any recommendations on 2019 FTR 1200 ECU tunes in or around Orange County, CA?

Tomahawk

I ordered a PV3 from Fuel Moto for my '22 and added an S&S pipe with baffles removed. I'm happy to say installing everything went better than expected. No issues with loading the tune. After firing it up I could immediately see the improvement. Cold idle was much smoother. I took it for a short ride and although the overall fueling was better, it still wasn't perfect. I contacted FM and they said it can take a couple of tanks for the tune to take full effect. So I went on a much longer ride and it did improve a lot. The roll on power of this bike continues to impress me the more I ride it.

brad21

I flashed my '22 yesterday with the Fuel Moto map/pv3 and took it for a half-hour ride. My biggest complaint before the flash was the surging between 2500-3500 rpms, basically where the bike likes to live at around-town speeds. It was a little windy and we have some bumpy roads around here so it was kinda hard to discern if it is smoother, especially when on cruise control. When NOT on cruise it seems much better and my butt dyno felt that midrange power and take-off in 1st gear is kinda nuts! I almost lost my grip on the bars on launch! :oops: Gonna take it out again today and will post more findings here.

R. Warshawsky

I bought a new (to me) 2019 1200 RR a couple of days ago, and while I've really enjoyed it so far, it seems to be suffering from pretty severe stuttering and surging at most RPM ranges, not to mention really shitty cold start performance and stalling. Doing some research revealed that these are probably caused by a bad factory tune, and can hopefully be fixed with an ECU flash. Kind of sucks it left the factory this way though.

Of course I'd like to buy a tuner and get it flashed, but to be honest I don't know what I'm doing in that arena and don't want to brick my bike. Also it seems like a lot of the tuning software companies don't ship to California (which isn't too hard to get around though). That being said, does anyone have recommendations for shops that offer 2019 FTR 1200 S tunes in the SoCal area? I'm willing to drive a decent amount if needed to get there. Someone told me about one in Long Beach? Though I don't know anything beyond that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!
I had the OEM update and am satisfied, but many have not been. If funds are not an option, one might get a new ECU and have it bench flashed by Lloyd's.

brad21

I flashed my '22 yesterday with the Fuel Moto map/pv3 and took it for a half-hour ride. My biggest complaint before the flash was the surging between 2500-3500 rpms, basically where the bike likes to live at around-town speeds. It was a little windy and we have some bumpy roads around here so it was kinda hard to discern if it is smoother, especially when on cruise control. When NOT on cruise it seems much better and my butt dyno felt that midrange power and take-off in 1st gear is kinda nuts! I almost lost my grip on the bars on launch! :oops: Gonna take it out again today and will post more findings here.

Okay, went out for a good long-ish ride today. My feeling is that it's better all around and really good in the mid to top-end range. At 55 in 6th gear it seems much smoother, with and without the cruise control. At 45 in 4th and 5th gear it's smoother but still not perfect. Downhill with the cruise on or off all bets are off. I think the drivetrain lash makes it jerky.

I'm really happy with 1st gear launches and roll-on from 3rd-6th gear. It's a beast!

For comparison purposes mine idles at 12-1300 rpms. I have the stock air filter and the stock Akra's with the baffles out. Those are my only performance mods. I've got 4849 miles on it so far... (actually thought I had more!)