Any way to clear codes?

2019 Iowa RR

Nice to know - All you have to do to clear a code is take a 100 mile ride!
(Glad all is well. I wonder if the fresh high octane gas solved your problem. Hopefully you got a nice new FTR tee shirt while you were at the dealership.)
No tee shirt! It had to be the gas.

DeplorableOne

supposedly this works

Reset Error/Trouble Codes
Ignition Key (IK) OFF
Kill Switch (KS) OFF
Turn IK ON
Turn KS ON
Fuel pump will cycle
Turn KS OFF
Turn IK OFF
Wait 10 seconds
Repeat sequence another three (3) times ...... That’s four (4) times in total.
At the fourth (4th) time, start the bike after the fuel pump has cycled.
Run the engine for 30 seconds, then shut down normally.
Most (if not all) codes should have cleared to the historic mem
ory.
Perfect just had a no reason cel come on and this cleared it right up. I guess just sitting for a moment with the key on is enough to trigger it

DeplorableOne

I didn't realize I could do that. It's back again so I'll check
Welp, it went away. I'm sure it will come back. It's been in the mid 80's here and it happens after riding for over an hour in stop and go. Funny cause I switched to a water cooled bike since the Harley was worthless in the summers here, when it comes back tomorrow I'll make sure to check

Janluke

supposedly this works

Reset Error/Trouble Codes
Ignition Key (IK) OFF
Kill Switch (KS) OFF
Turn IK ON
Turn KS ON
Fuel pump will cycle
Turn KS OFF
Turn IK OFF
Wait 10 seconds
Repeat sequence another three (3) times ...... That’s four (4) times in total.
At the fourth (4th) time, start the bike after the fuel pump has cycled.
Run the engine for 30 seconds, then shut down normally.
Most (if not all) codes should have cleared to the historic mem
ory.

Many thanks for this.

My 2021 Rally has been sat for 6 weeks(on a battery tender, fuel stabiliser in the tank ), took it out today. Took a wee while to start and then the check light came on. I'm guessing a little unburnt fuel got past? Took it for a run, stop started a few times and still on. Came home read the thread and reset the light as above. Went for a second run and all well so far.

Breto

Just a quick question for you guys…did you get Indian road side assist with your bike purchase?…in Australia it comes with your bike when you get it…🤔

kiwi dave

I had it with my FTR1200S purchase. Here's what I noted:

"All new Indians sold include a 2 year unlimited km mechanical warranty and 2 year 24/7 365 days roadside assist.

VIZ Motorbike Roadside Assistance
#VIZ1467
0800 717-877
Platinum service: 100 kM metropolitan or 200 kM rural"

The two years has passed, and I have chosen not to renew it. Last time the dealer had access to my FTR they updated the map with their "locked" version. I managed to get around the lock, but will not let my dealer near my bike again.

Breto

I had it with my FTR1200S purchase. Here's what I noted:

"All new Indians sold include a 2 year unlimited km mechanical warranty and 2 year 24/7 365 days roadside assist.

VIZ Motorbike Roadside Assistance
#VIZ1467
0800 717-877
Platinum service: 100 kM metropolitan or 200 kM rural"

The two years has passed, and I have chosen not to renew it. Last time the dealer had access to my FTR they updated the map with their "locked" version. I managed to get around the lock, but will not let my dealer near my bike again.
Don’t blame you mate…I threatened them with death when mine went in to get the fuses done if they touched my ECU and I’ve never been back. Mind you that dealer got absorbed by Team Moto so there’s another good reason not to near them.

motocroft

Nice to know - All you have to do to clear a code is take a 100 mile ride!
(Glad all is well. I wonder if the fresh high octane gas solved your problem. Hopefully you got a nice new FTR tee shirt while you were at the dealership.)
Codes will clear after 3 successful stop/start cycles (if the original fault does not recur)