Anyone tried a 160/60ZR18 on the rear?

tc917

Is there any legal implications of putting a different size tire? I’m in Portugal and have ordered the CRA3, the tire shop warned me that it’s illegal to modify the tire dimensions, which sounds a bit nuts. Is it an EU thing?

Max Kool

Is there any legal implications of putting a different size tire? I’m in Portugal and have ordered the CRA3, the tire shop warned me that it’s illegal to modify the tire dimensions, which sounds a bit nuts. Is it an EU thing?
That's a bit of an EU thing, and carries some common sense as well. Not in all EU countries though. If you want to stick to the stock sizes try a 90/10 adventure tire. Pirelli Scorpion Trail, Bridgestone A41, Contri Trail Attack 3, etc.

Marksparks171

HI i fitted the Avon 160/60/18 to my 2021 FTR Carbon and Avon 120/70/19 front . Could not be happier with them . I ride a lot of mountain roads and enjoy pushing it through the tight corners and these tires have preformed quite well . Would not hesitate to recommend them
Did you fit the Spirit St ?

Melly

I may go down that route then, any noticeable difference to the Speedo reading ?
I haven't noticed anything. But in saying that I have passed a few speed cameras and highway patrol cars and haven't got a speeding ticket. I was sitting slightly over the 100klm speed limit .on cruise control at 105klms