Bassani dB killer trial

Sullaha

I love the Bassani on the FTR, to me it suits the whole intent of the bike in regards to looks and sound.
It is very loud though, part of me loves it because it could be argued that it's too loud.
I do have concerns about the noise emissions though, some trackdays especially during the week have noise limits. I'm keen to try the FTR at the track soon so I fashioned this to see how much of that beautiful sound could be suppressed without killing too much performance.

I'll let the vid say the rest, please read the description for my further thoughts...

storm42

I love the Bassani on the FTR, to me it suits the whole intent of the bike in regards to looks and sound.
It is very loud though, part of me loves it because it could be argued that it's too loud.
Too loud!!! I have had guitar amps that are less efficient than the Bassani.

storm42

In the UK most tracks have a 105db limit, no limit days are few and far. I have a couple of road bikes that wouldn't pass but the FTR with the Bassani is on another level, if you went anywhere near a track with that they would lock the gates and pretend not to be in.

I have just spent the evening making a db killer, will try it out in the morning.

edgelett

yep there are noise limits here in AU at some tracks (not all) too.
which is weird but it depends where the track is - some are located in the middle of houses.

mark.lb

Land of the Free and Home of the Brave! No dB limits in my neck of the woods or on tracks around here. Some of the bikes in the photos I posted Sunday are proof. You should here my brother’s Harley....

Max Kool

I believe you when you say no-one cares, and you can ride with open exhausts, but aren’t EPA sound reguations federal?

DarrenF

In the UK most tracks have a 105db limit, no limit days are few and far. I have a couple of road bikes that wouldn't pass but the FTR with the Bassani is on another level, if you went anywhere near a track with that they would lock the gates and pretend not to be in.

I have just spent the evening making a db killer, will try it out in the morning.
Did your db killer work?