BEELINE moto GPS screen

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I grew tired of killing my iphone cameras with bar mounts, i purchaced one of these off amazon, ive been using it for a couple weeks now. I love it, the app is easy to plan curvy routes with, and the display works well in the bright sunlight. During those two weeks ive not had to charge it once, and it still has about 75% battery left in it.

Here are some video reviews on it

you can also download the phone app for free to give it a test run before buying the screen

Attachments

• 9BACE5AF-C0D8-4E2F-B045-1F710B22A5CB.jpeg
    9BACE5AF-C0D8-4E2F-B045-1F710B22A5CB.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 63

Fuse5

Know this gadget from the past where it was used for cycles and Vespa´s
The App is only available by Facebook or Mail acount? Sorry for..

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
App is iPhone or Android to download for free.
Yes they started with bicycles and scooters

thanks for info on vibration killing iPhone cameras. Hadn’t heard that before. I had finally just set up a handlebar mount that I had gotten free from the motorcycle show. I guess I won’t be using that.

K9F

Ferraiolo please stop posting such items. This is now the latest must have that I certainly don't need. What a great bit of kit. Just need to fathom where I'm gonna ride to somewhere I don't know how to get there?

(y):cool:

Fuse5

Just get one. Simple and easy. Dont need more! Indian wouldn´t get in the display.
How the App is working for you and in your country?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s working very well! Every update it seems to be a little better.
I did splurge and get the billet bar mount.
MUCH nicer than the plastic ones. And only about $30

Attachments

• 1003834F-8C5B-437F-A129-F96353E6695E.jpeg
    1003834F-8C5B-437F-A129-F96353E6695E.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • D834573A-4C93-42E5-9E42-3668F0ED5223.jpeg
    D834573A-4C93-42E5-9E42-3668F0ED5223.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53

MrEd

I can attest to the camera killer mounts. I’ve got a rokform mount - stupid solid but now I’ve got a perma-shake in my camera and can’t get it to focus. iPhone XR didn’t take all that long to happen.

Fuse5

@ferraiolo1.. got the metal gear package include a billet one for the bar.
Not sure with the software at the moment (there were some issues ) Thanx !

edit..
The beeline unit seems to have enough power for a longer ride.
How it looks with the app on the phone? ..would it be necessary to charge the phone while riding?

Last edited:

kiwi dave

@ferraiolo1 ..would it be necessary to charge the phone while riding?

No, the power used is only a fraction of that consumed when running Google Maps. I've never had an issue with battery life, but I would like to see better interaction with which route is chosen when several are available.

mtFTRnh

I just bit the bullet and ordered one. I bought the base FTR because I prefer the simpler dash (and didn’t really care about having safety-nannies). This innovative little GPS fits the theme better than a Garmin.

Fuse5

Yep. Still very pleased!
Me too. Just asking .. because i dont know how it works exactly with the maps and gps/signals/phones outside the eu ..in any area (sibiria?).
No, the power used is only a fraction of that consumed when running Google Maps. I've never had an issue with battery life, but I would like to see better interaction with which route is chosen when several are available.
..was an older story and didn´t know about the cell battery life that time.. perfect.
Mostly i see only the route if i put the target in.. 1. go on free mode or 2. put different stops in between -anywhere.
Otherwise ..as i remember.. u can import .gpx_files to the cell-app which i never tested yet but there was no need for.

Sometimes.. it was happen..
U can get lost.. for short in big citys.. with all the corners, roundabouts, edges of buildings, traffic things, gps signals, automatic doors, alarm systems..
but everytime i got the target or back home ;)
So.. keep an eye on where u wanna go and keep the eyes on the way and the nature where we all follow to.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s a small start up company, so it’s not priced as a mass production part

The price of the gps is cheaper than most cell phone deductibles once your camera is ruined