Best exhaust

Bellarella

Looking for the best exhaust for my ‘22 1200S. Was looking at Bassani or S&S, because they are most common and seem to be easiest to get. But I was told recently they are the worst for performance?!

edgelett

Bassani doesn't fit the 2022 models due to the fact the cat is welded on.
the best for performance is the Toce full system. I have it on mine, and love it.

but keep in mind 'best' is subjective and depends what you're basing 'best' on.
for some it's performance, for some it's sound, for some it's looks.
my personal opinion is that the Toce does all 3 of these just the way I like it,

Bellarella

Bassani doesn't fit the 2022 models due to the fact the cat is welded on.
the best for performance is the Toce full system. I have it on mine, and love it.

but keep in mind 'best' is subjective and depends what you're basing 'best' on.
for some it's performance, for some it's sound, for some it's looks.
my personal opinion is that the Toce does all 3 of these just the way I like it,
Yeah I was planning on cutting it off, and using clamps that come with any of the new exhausts. The power programmer works on the 22’ model year so I’m good there, and everything else should just mount up. I was looking at Toce, and I don’t really like the low mount because I feel like there wouldn’t be any back pressure, since there is nothing to it. I’m undecided on the high mount.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The bassani still won’t fit even after cutting the cat off since the collector is a bean oval shape on the 22+.

and both of those options are far from the best.

Last edited:

edgelett

Yeah I was planning on cutting it off, and using clamps that come with any of the new exhausts.
sadly the Bassani is round vs the oval shape of the 2022 header where it meets the cat so it won't fit. you'd need to replace the whole header

as for Toce and no back pressure- not sure how that's different to the Bassani anyway cause that's just a hollow tube. the Toce has the best performance results.

if you're worried about back pressure leave the cat on, and get any of the slip on options available

Bellarella

I am not that worried about it, just worried that it may be an issue, because I am removing the cat. And the combination of both…But no worries I found an oval mid pipe so I should be good to run whatever slip on I want.