Bridgestone A41

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
With the $50 rebate going on now. Deal was too good to pass up. $200ish for a set. Will post a review once they are fitted. Was between these and the conti trail attack 3s. But I missed their rebate dead line. IMG_0450.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K9F

I will probably eventually end up with Avon Cobras as they are the only UK based motorcycle tyre manufacturer making tyres for our shitty roads and climate.

Max Kool

I wouldn't try Avon Cobras, they are cruiser tires. If you intent on using Avon tires, I think the Trailrider are a far better choice.

(or Michelin Anakee Adventure, Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2, Dunlop Trailsmart...)

My $0.02

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
IMG_0586.jpg

Can’t wait to see how the profile is once mounted.

Oem tire has 1k

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Installed 15AD86B4-D1EC-471E-94BC-FDC538476FDB.jpgIMG_1324.jpg

They are a lot firmer than oem, better road feel, but also rougher, a good bit louder than oem past the oem speed limiter (but they are zr rated for you top speed cowboys) the profiles made it to where I was at the edge of the rear before the edge of the front.

I’m pleased. A buddy is trying the t31s in a 160/60/18. So I may try them next depending how they fit the wheel.

I ended up getting a set of these fitted today, myself. I instantly noticed the difference on the rain grooves on the freeway...no more booty-shakes. I made it to 4400 miles on the stock set before the rear was down to the wear bars.

Attachments

• IMG_7364.jpg
    IMG_7364.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7362.jpg
    IMG_7362.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7361.jpg
    IMG_7361.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7360.jpg
    IMG_7360.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7359.jpg
    IMG_7359.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7358.jpg
    IMG_7358.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 32

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I guess an update. I had about 4k on the a41s before my rear was bald.
Still liked them and they went well with the look of the bike. But they were a bit loud.

the t31s seem to be holding up better

chris

Been a minute since this thread was alive. Looking for a new set of tires and hopefully for a good deal. Put nearly 4k miles on the bike in the last 3 months and don't plan to slow down. Looking for something with some better grip in the curves. Been seeing some decent feedback on the Michelin Commander II sets, but with the limited tire options I just wanted to check here first before pulling the trigger. Thoughts?

Max Kool

Not Commanders, bad idea. They are designed to give long mileage on big heavy cruisers. Will possibly give a harsh ride and a lot less grip.

Better look at 90/10 Adventure tires (Anakee Adventure, A41, Pirelli Scorpion Trail, Conti Trail Attack 3 etc), or sport touring tires like Bridgestone T31 or T32, Conti Road Attack 3, Avon Spirit ST, etc. which may require a 160/60 rear tire instead of 150/70

kiwi dave

I can endorse these if you're not into flat track racing or off-road.

Bridgestone Battlax Sport Touring T32 (R191207BRT32F & R181606BRT32R)

Like comparing chalk and cheese with what came with the bike.

Rich.ftr

I wouldn't try Avon Cobras, they are cruiser tires. If you intent on using Avon tires, I think the Trailrider are a far better choice.

(or Michelin Anakee Adventure, Pirelli Scorpion Trail 2, Dunlop Trailsmart...)

My $0.02
Metz karoo street seem to get great reviews from an Australian guy riding a bmw gs ... He did an invited to new zealand adventure ride and metzler tyre test . he then put the karoo str on his own bike back in Australia and said .... They had peg dragging road manors and 'flat track style' gravel road with good hook up and corner performance.

Anyone else considered karroo streets?

Conti tkc 70 with rocks on the rear?

Perelli STR ..?

All the best rich

Last edited: