Bridgestone A41

Max Kool

Nah, this is a 190 on a different rim. But the 160/60-18 is the way to go on the stock 18" rim.

Mileage is largely depending on your right wrist. Anything between 3 and 6k miles is possible.

FTR London

But the 160/60-18 is the way to go on the stock 18" rim.

Mileage is largely depending on your right wrist. Anything between 3 and 6k miles is possible.
I can testify to this, because I have them on mine - superb grip, feel and response. If that was my objective though, I'd revert back to sports bikes. Completely ruins the look and the spirit of the bike in my opinion which is why I'm changing to dual sports tyre next year. Learnt to ride off road, so perfectly comfortable with the rear breaking loose. Might even stick the OEM DT3-R stock rubber back on it despite the ridiculous hysteria about them and road test snobbery. Quite frankly I think road tyres look shit on this bike and I want something more in keeping with what it purports to be...a flat track racer. Shame that the 2019 bike won't accommodate the Pirelli MT60-RS without changing the wheels.

Charliemurphay

I have them, great tire. I’m on my second set, my first set had 6k-ish miles on them. Was going to ride them out the rest of the season but a well placed screw ended their run early and I replaced them with the current set about 2k miles ago. Very confidence inspiring tire.

Zilonis

I can testify to this, because I have them on mine - superb grip, feel and response. If that was my objective though, I'd revert back to sports bikes. Completely ruins the look and the spirit of the bike in my opinion which is why I'm changing to dual sports tyre next year. Learnt to ride off road, so perfectly comfortable with the rear breaking loose. Might even stick the OEM DT3-R stock rubber back on it despite the ridiculous hysteria about them and road test snobbery. Quite frankly I think road tyres look shit on this bike and I want something more in keeping with what it purports to be...a flat track racer. Shame that the 2019 bike won't accommodate the Pirelli MT60-RS without changing the wheels.
Ahh and this is my dilemma right here, change the feel and look with new shoes or keep it as the engineers intended?

Thank you for your insight. I'm in search of new tires and have been undecided on what type to go with. Most everybody speaks ill of the stock tires, but you make some good points about what the bike would look like w/o them and how a change would most definitely alter the way it rides. I too was raised in the dirt so I'm always drifting or doing rolling burnouts and wheelies. To me that's what makes this bike fun. The only caveat for me being I want to corner faster with more confidence.

Sullaha

The DT3 aspect will be moot soon anyway. With a limited model run and most people not replacing them like for like I can't imagine the demand will be there to make it worthwhile for Dunlop to continue to make these. I'm in two minds about that, they are fun (see avatar) but they slow my corner exits compared to a decent street tyre. They're atrocious on our shit roads when wet.
I'll be going to the A41 in the stock size for the rear.
I have been using the 160/60 T31 and whilst the increase in grip is nice the bike steers more slowly and takes noticably more effort to turn in comparison to my other bike running a 150/70.

Sullaha

Did you drop your front forks a little to compensate for the slight decrease in height with the 160?
Yep, that was the first thing I did. Maybe it's that I'm used to the even taller AX41 on the black bike. Either way the red bike doesn't feel as nimble.

Sullaha

All the way through man, all but touching the handlebar. I'll be happy enough with the A41 otherwise it's an adjustable length rear shock and more rear ride height.

TPrescott

Pirelli Scorpion Trail II's are on the way for my 19' RR. Heard good things about these and will give them a try. The stockers show wear bars at 2300 miles! WTH Dunlop. Longevity is more of what I want but some say these are good all around. We'll see. :cool: