Cars can't see us or don't give a shit about us

nailbeater

Got into an accident the other day chick slammed on her brakes And I grabbed all my brake that I could and hit the back end of her car . Broke my handlebars completely off the Bike. Scraped up my headers Minimal bumps and bruises. Got new handlebar clamps and got Bar's back on Just Now. Think lm going to wrap headers for now.

Timps27

Glad you’re okay, the cocoon of safety has made drivers more and more inattentive over the past few decades.

edgelett

yikes not good, hopefully you're covered by insurance?
good idea to make sure you leave extra space between you and the car in front purely because they have a tendency to do this a fair bit.

nailbeater

I've got insurance but it's a $1000 deductible and I can fix the bike for less than that I just have to be patient Pretty much purely cosmetic . The main damage is my header is scraped up pretty bad. So I have to look for a replacement header Hopefully somebody is changing out their exhaust and wants to sell their stock hatter off the FTR race Replica

nailbeater

She slammed on her brakes and turned right that was her intention but her Car stopped faster than my bike No blinker no warning. I looked to my left and a truck that had his turn signal on that looked like he was gonna pull into my lane And then I looked back forward and there she was dead stopped slowly turning right I only looked away for a moment

American

Glad you’re ok. Sucks the bike got hurt but it’s a cheap lesson to have. Can’t trust them to do what’s expected.

K9F

I got rear ended in my Mini Cooper two weeks ago. I was stationary in traffic with handbrake and brake lights on. When the driver got out of the car the only things missing were the floppy shoes, red nose and squirty flower.

mark.lb

Someone almost did kill me on October 2, 2019. The Police determined I was not at fault and the accident was caught on camera. However - If you fight with a car you always lose. I spent 22 days in the hospital and had 6 surgeries on my arms, wrists and left leg. (There is more titanium in me now than in my bike!)

[The most common accident in motorcycling is someone unexpectedly making a left turn in front of you.]

I now keep my distance and ALWAYS let other vehicles go first even if it is not their turn. I assume most people are driving distracted and in a hurry.

If you look carefully at this picture I still have casts on both arms in late November. I could not yet ride my bike home from the shop. My son-in-laws took turns on a cold day bring it home.
A35E0252-8FE8-4FD3-96FA-ABB86BDE84F6.jpeg

nailbeater

I got rear ended in my Mini Cooper two weeks ago. I was stationary in traffic with handbrake and brake lights on. When the driver got out of the car the only things missing were the floppy shoes, red nose and squirty flower.
So now you're calling me a clown

K9F

So now you're calling me a clown

I was relating to my own incident, what I said was "When the driver got out of the car the only things missing were the floppy shoes, red nose and squirty flower." Were you not a rider rather than a driver and it certainly wasn't you that rear ended me? You also explained what happened, you took your eye off the ball and was distracted. Most important fact is you got away lightly thankfully. Lesson learnt.

I'm not particularly interested in what happened in your circumstance as someone else said it's your fault regardless, nevertheless if your conscience is telling you 'The cap fits' you can go ahead and wear it!