Chains, and sprockets

mmeck

OK Gents,
Im sure this is going to spark quite the conversation, kind of like asking which oil is the best, but Im open to suggestions. I am looking at buying a superlite chain and sprocket set. Im going with a stock 17t front, and a 46t rear. The big question is What chain should I get. There are a ton of options on the site when you order the whole kit. So lets hear it, which one should I get, and why? I appreciate all of your input.

Last edited:

mmeck

WOW! I thought a lot more people would chime in on this one. So any x ring chain will be good, has anyone played around with different size chains to reduce rotating mass? We used to do it on small displacement race bikes, and go Karts, but This bike has way more torque, and is pretty heavy. I dont know if I could go a lot smaller without excessive chain stretch.

mmeck

Well, I pulled the trigger on a full set from Sprocket Center. 17t front, 46t rear, and an RK gold X-Ring chain. Total was $220.50, they are running a deal right now, and at checkout you can enter YERAEND10 and get another 10% off on top of their sale. Now I just have to finish this deployment so I can mount the 17" wheels, Rizoma handlebars, new chain, and sprockets, and possably a NoCo battery, depending on what Max Kool has to say about it after some time.