Comfort Seat

Corndawg

Picked up my new comfort seat today. Can't go try it out until the weekend. Thought I would answer a couple questions I couldn't really find answers to before it showed up. Sitting on it in the garage however it is softer than the stock carbon seat.

It's longer. Most of the added comfort is for the pillion. Stock seat is 24" long down the center and the comfort is 26.5". It reaches all the way to the end of the tail light.

They also had a new sport (that orange is bright) and carbon in the showroom. The new stock seats have more padding for the pilot while retaining the stock size. Now I want to know how they compare...

On the plus side. My wife is excited to try it out. She hated the stock seat.20230112_174536.jpg20230112_174557.jpg20230112_174833.jpg20230112_174642.jpg20230112_180927.jpg

S2Davies

I've just got my "Extra Comfort Seat", and I think it looks better that the original stock seat fitted to my '19 model. I took it for a quick run and the seat is more comfortable, but that's not the whole story.

When I first sat on it I don't know what I was expecting, perhaps I thought there would be such a profound difference, a bit like sitting on a brick wall and then moving to your favourite old sofa. For me it has a different feel but a subtle one.

I'm 6'4" tall and 200Ibs, so for me I did have to make a small change to my riding position, because the seat hump (the transition from rider to pillion seat) is a little more pronounced on the comfort seat, meaning that I have to sit a little farther forward. Not a major issue but something to be aware of if you are like me a little taller than average. The other observation is that you definitely feel more "in" the comfort seat as apposed to "on" the stock seat, which could be a problem if you are a more dynamic rider who likes to move seating position while cornering, that being said, if you are a front wheel in the air rider (I'm not), the seat hump will be great.

For me, I would say the seat is a great purchase and will definitely pay dividends on long rides (once I get used to new seating position).

Mine was from Moore Speed Racing in Poole £285.

20230527_105832.jpg

20230527_105852.jpg

20230527_172654.jpg