Completely dead

JonM

Hello folks. 2019 Indian FTR1200S. Took the bike out for a 5-6 minute warmup and ride to get it warmed up to change the oil. Brought the bike in garage, shut it off and proceeded with the oil change. Took maybe 30-45 minutes as it was my first time doing it. Went very smoothly until I went to fire the bike up after filling it with the necessary oil amount. Nothing. No screen, no click, nothing at all. Even tried using the spare key. Put on trickle charger and it just flashes red so it’s not charging. Pulled the fuses, swapped a couple around to see if that would work. Can’t tell if the large square ones are blown or not.
Im just baffled how it worked perfectly fine and then absolutely nothing. I feel likes it’s a main fuse ( since there’s nothing at the key/ignition ) but I can’t figure out from the manual which one that is or if it’s blown or not.

Max Kool

Check the battery terminals, and check the three fuses under/behind the battery.

The fact your charger thinks there’s no battery attached makes me think something’s come loose.

Last edited:

JonM

Check the battery terminals, and check the three fuses under/behind the battery.

The fact your charger thinks there’s no battery attached makes me something’s come loose.
Thank you. I did check the battery cables and connections. Everything was clean, tight and connected.
How do you access those fuses? I can’t find the info online. Do I have to remove the entire battery box?

Mckid4

Glad to hear you sorted it out. Thanks for letting us know, may be able to help someone else out in the future.