Cooling System Failure 12.23.21

edgelett

All FTR models produced up to August 12th this year are affected. The T-junction of the carbon is no different from any other model FTR.

The reason why the Carbon isn’t specifically mentioned is probably because it was never sold in the US…
except for the Carbon R.
it's confusing having 2 Carbon models haha

brad21

All FTR models produced up to August 12th this year are affected. The T-junction of the carbon is no different from any other model FTR.

The reason why the Carbon isn’t specifically mentioned is probably because it was never sold in the US…
Hmm, my Carbon is a foreigner?

edgelett

Hmm, my Carbon is a foreigner?
depends do you have a Carbon R that has the silver rear bit or the Carbon which has the black rear bit?
the carbon with the black rear was only sold in the Aus and EU markets.
the Carbon R is sold worldwide.

Breto

@ferraiolo1 is a qualified mechanic, just not on Indian motorcycles. I trust his dealer will trust him.
Hey Max I trust they probably will but in contrast, my mechanic here in Aus is ex Indian Brisbane that went out on his own when they were absorbed by team moto and when I spoke to him about the previous recall for rear brakes on my wife’s bobber scout he said he couldn’t do the repair even though he was qualified by Indian because he couldn’t legally sign off on the repair. 🤔

Max Kool

Oh I understand and legally his dealer has to sign off on it (and probably will).

I just received mine too

Breto

Oh I understand and legally his dealer has to sign off on it (and probably will).

I just received mine too
Wow that’s really cool. I still haven’t got a letter yet…so are they sending the part out over there? Or did you guys just order it or something?…i was still on the they haven’t found a fix yet page🤔

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I’m a much more qualified mechanic than the guy my dealer has working for them. Replacing this is child’s play compared to my day job.

wether or not the paperwork is done, that doesn’t really bother me.

and if it’s an issue when I go to sell the bike, then the dealer can replace the same part again and I won’t have to worry about them screwing something up since it won’t be my bike anymore lol

Breto

I’m a much more qualified mechanic than the guy my dealer has working for them. Replacing this is child’s play compared to my day job.

wether or not the paperwork is done, that doesn’t really bother me.

and if it’s an issue when I go to sell the bike, then the dealer can replace the same part again and I won’t have to worry about them screwing something up since it won’t be my bike anymore lol
Sounds like a plan Mike…you gunna do a video?

Breto

I can tell you now Mike that’s how I feel mate…don’t really want shop mechanics that don’t give a toss playing with mine either. You know the ins and outs of your own bike…they don’t. Then you end up fixing shit that they’ve overlooked or stuffed away or tried to make fit. Totally agree mate. 👍 you can talk to counter staff till your blue in the face about how you need things to go but because they won’t let you talk to the mechanic he has no idea of how you have things set up.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I guess I can. I won’t be doing it anytime soon though. I’ll wait till colder weather. And my bikes due for a coolant change anyway

edgelett

Wow that’s really cool. I still haven’t got a letter yet…so are they sending the part out over there? Or did you guys just order it or something?…i was still on the they haven’t found a fix yet page🤔
hey mate,
Dealers in here have been advised to stop sales but they have not been advised to contact owners and tell them to bring it in yet. When I spoke to my dealer a few weeks ago, they said they're expecting letters to be sent to Aussie owners in the first week of October, the reason for the delay is they will not even receive the parts till early October and they didn't want people rocking up demanding it be fixed when they don't have the bit to fix it with yet.

We should get our letters from Indian in the next couple of weeks, yes here in Aus we need our dealer to sign off that the repair has been made otherwise we;re not covered if there's a warranty issue and we can't legally sell our bikes either. I'm happy for my dealer to do mine as they're been good but I know the 'team moto' crew have a very bad reputation in many other states.

Breto

hey mate,
Dealers in here have been advised to stop sales but they have not been advised to contact owners and tell them to bring it in yet. When I spoke to my dealer a few weeks ago, they said they're expecting letters to be sent to Aussie owners in the first week of October, the reason for the delay is they will not even receive the parts till early October and they didn't want people rocking up demanding it be fixed when they don't have the bit to fix it with yet.

We should get our letters from Indian in the next couple of weeks, yes here in Aus we need our dealer to sign off that the repair has been made otherwise we;re not covered if there's a warranty issue and we can't legally sell our bikes either. I'm happy for my dealer to do mine as they're been good but I know the 'team moto' crew have a very bad reputation in many other states.
Yep I gathered as much regarding the part. It figures the states would have there’s before us. I actually rang team moto this morning just to make sure they had my new address on file. I remember them saying late September for letters but that’s good to know Tash, thanks for that. Yeah like I said it kinda erks me leaving it in their hands. I’m sure I’ll be going back over it putting shit back where it’s supposed to go…and it’s just a fair way to go to get stuff done for me. Anyway it is what it is…😎👍

mark.lb

Breto: I did not receive a letter. I was contacted by Polaris (Indian) with an e-mail. I also plan to take the bike to the dealership for replacement once the riding season is over on my trailer. (I am not a mechanic.)
8C62B39D-DF97-4401-BBC1-6BD51C6B15E4.jpeg