Cooling System Failure 12.23.21

MrEd

An email here also, called dealer in Ft Myers (hopefully survives the hurricane) they have a bunch on backorder committing first to FTR owners they have on file, will call when they receive. I was on their list already due to them fixing my throttle grip sensor under warranty, they have done work on the wifes dark horse also- decent guys.

FTR London

called dealer in Ft Myers (hopefully survives the hurricane)
This is looking very serious. Has the potential, given the nature of the hurricane and the coastal morphology of Fort Myers/Charlotte County to wreak more damage than Hurricane Andrew 30 years ago. It's currently 2mph off category 5.

MrEd

I’m west of West Palm Beach, straight due east of Fort Myers. I am a state firefighter and we have been lining up response crews for deployment to the worst areas. My guys cut the way in for everyone else.

FTR London

I’m west of West Palm Beach, straight due east of Fort Myers. I am a state firefighter and we have been lining up response crews for deployment to the worst areas. My guys cut the way in for everyone else.
I wish you and your team well. Your professionalism is admirable and will bring vital relief to many.

Osclie

i just got a letter to book my bike in to get the pipe replaced!!!
they are replacing it but the pipe could be on back order
i will call the dealer tomorrow

MrEd

Letter arrived today, about a week behind the email. My wife got a letter for a recall related to front lighting wiring harness on her dark horse Springfield also.

GT_IndianFTR

I have been to my dealer today for the break in service and was told about this recall, I have not yet had a letter yet, must be serious as they said to me that they are not allowed to deliver any new or used bikes at the moment (FTR's), it gets worse as they have no parts availability they are on back order right now so who knows when I will get my bike sorted :confused:

Osclie

Just contacted my dealer and they said that the part is on back order with no delivery date. They have my details as I bought the bike from them. Now the waiting game.
I rode the bike hard though the hard summer with the fan coming on in taffic and there wasnt any leaks. So hope it will hold out for sure though winter.

Helge

General question -->
Does anyone had real problems with these issue and how dangerous was it?

Osclie

I think the safety factor on this coolant failure issue is that in some cases (most of them) , the coolant has leaked on to the rear wheel causing the tyre to loose traction.