Cupcake's FTR

cupcake_mike

I would like to order that radiator guard but I cannot decipher the German on the website.

If you use chrome as your browser, at the top right corner there is a drop down to translate to english

K9F

If you search for the site using Google you should be able to use Google Translate? Works for me but when I tried to cut and paste the link for you it defaults back to German.

Cut and paste:

Product information "Cooler Cover - STORM"
You get a cooler cover for Indian Motorcycle FTR1200 models.
This impresses with a very good workmanship and thus gets a very good weather resistance and convinces with a long service life.

• consists of robust, stable material
  • Attachment to original points
  • easy attachment / exact fit
  • beautiful look and perfect protection

For technical information we are at your disposal.

MilwDave

If you search for the site using Google you should be able to use Google Translate? Works for me but when I tried to cut and paste the link for you it defaults back to German.

Cut and paste:

Product information "Cooler Cover - STORM"
You get a cooler cover for Indian Motorcycle FTR1200 models.
This impresses with a very good workmanship and thus gets a very good weather resistance and convinces with a long service life.

• consists of robust, stable material
  • Attachment to original points
  • easy attachment / exact fit
  • beautiful look and perfect protection

For technical information we are at your disposal.
Unfortunately they do not offer shipping to the U.S.

K9F

If you source longer stainless screws you can fit the stainless oil cooler guard underneath the OEM plastic vanes.

cupcake_mike

Few updates over the past several months:

Ohlins from the 22s, front and rear. Still messing with settings, haven't been really that impressed over the stock base units, but I'm a bigger guy and have never worried about suspension enough to really get that in to it. Looks nice and shaves a bit of weight off the stock stuff.

Racefit exhaust installed. I can't help but smile whenever I ride it. Sounds so good, literally weighs nothing.

V6 tune from Ryan. Didn't have any real issues before the tune, but once I removed the CAT, I needed it. No complaints, almost forget its been tuned, it is that good.

Indian passenger grab rail installed. This was done for the wife (to ease her fears of falling off the back), but the look of it has really stuck with me and I prefer it over the stock grab handles.

New rear axle, due to the original unthreading from the left axle block. I sent a video to my buddy who is my service writer, really just for fun, and he insisted I get it replaced under warranty. He assumed it was a press fit, turns out they just didn't use enough red loctite on it from the factory. Didn't bother me, it was nearly due for a new rear tire at the time and he got to throw a couple of indian's bucks to the service dept (I exchanged it myself).

PSR oil filler cap. This was a gift from my son, not sure I would have spent the money on it as the stock one was fine, but it looks nice and includes a tether for piece of mind. Also, props to him for figuring out the Ducati part that cross referenced to the FTR.

Got about 6k miles out of the first trailsmart Dunlop on the rear. On the second one now; trailsmart front just passed 7k, still looks great. Those 3 tires (2 rears and a front) were closeouts and all purchased for less than $100 (total). I wish I could find them again, great tires through the twisties and outstanding on fire/gravel roads. Not sure what I'll install next, but shouldn't have to worry till the spring.

12.5k miles on it since purchased 7/14/20. Been to work on it around 50 times (108 mi round trip), to Minnesota (3 day/1800 mile weekend), Arkansas a couple times (1200 mile roundtrips) and to the east coast to play in the mountains (3k miles/week). Ran out of gas 3 times, the last 2 I had my rotopax so it wasn't a issue. Average mpg (for its life) is 35. The tune and racefit did not change it. If I commute or ride locally, I get 105 miles before the low fuel light comes on, when on trips I get 120 (I think this difference is due to the wasted gas during the couple minute warm-up). I have done exactly one 100 mile round trip with the wife on the back, after which she informed me she will never ride on it again because the racefit blows directly in her face, she thought the seat was comfortable though.

I have 6 other bikes that got significant miles this year (1125CR 8k, Ulysses 7k, SDGT 8k, M2 4k, 1200 bandit/GSXR mutt 3k, HD big twin rigid 3k) but the Indian has gotten the most miles over the last 12 months. The SDGT has replaced the Uly (just passed 120k miles in 6 years of ownership) for longer trips but for anything else, I'm probably taking the FTR. Our weather has been outstanding this year and work has afforded me time off quite regularly to make a bunch of trips. I typically ride 20-25K a year between those few bikes, but this year I've done 45k which is pretty unheard of...covid lockdowns have certainly helped me out with these miles, the wife and I's usual annual island trip didn't happen nor did the family road trip we typically take. I'm not complaining, plus my wife has become much more comfortable on bikes and recently knocked out her first 600 mile day since before we had the kid (and we were in our early 20s).

My first year with the FTR has been GREAT and I look forward to many more (ps, I don't sell bikes).

20210907_080031.jpg

Last edited:

motocroft

Few updates over the past several months:

Ohlins from the 22s, front and rear. Still messing with settings, haven't been really that impressed over the stock base units, but I'm a bigger guy and have never worried about suspension enough to really get that in to it. Looks nice and shaves a bit off weight off the stock stuff.

Racefit exhaust installed. I can't help but smile whenever I ride it. Sounds so good, literally weighs nothing.

V6 tune from Ryan. Didn't have any real issues before the tune, but once I removed the CAT, I needed it. No complaints, almost forget its been tuned, it is that good.

Indian passenger grab rail installed. This was done for the wife (to ease her fears of falling off the back), but the look of it has really stuck with me and I prefer it over the stock grab handles.

New rear axle, due to the original unthreading from the left axle block. I sent a video to my buddy who is my service writer, really just for fun, and he insisted I get it replaced under warranty. He assumed it was a press fit, turns out they just didn't use enough red loctite on it from the factory. Didn't bother me, it was nearly due for a new rear tire at the time and he got to throw a couple of indian's bucks to the service dept (I exchanged it myself).

PSR oil filler cap. This was a gift from my son, not sure I would have spent the money on it as the stock one was fine, but it looks nice and includes a tether for piece of mind. Also, props to him for figuring out the Ducati part that cross referenced to the FTR.

Got about 6k miles out of the first trailsmart Dunlop on the rear. On the second one now; trailsmart front just passed 7k, still looks great. Those 3 tires (2 rears and a front) were closeouts and all purchased for less than $100 (total). I wish I could find them again, great tires through the twisties and outstanding on fire/gravel roads. Not sure what I'll install next, but shouldn't have to worry till the spring.

12.5k miles on it since purchased 7/14/20. Been to work on it around 50 times (108 mi round trip), to Minnesota (3 day/1800 mile weekend), Arkansas a couple times (1200 mile roundtrips) and to the east coast to play in the mountains (3k miles/week). Ran out of gas 3 times, the last 2 I had my rotopax so it wasn't a issue. Average mpg (for its life) is 35. The tune and racefit did not change it. If I commute or ride locally, I get 105 miles before the low fuel light comes on, when on trips I get 120 (I think this difference is due to the wasted gas during the couple minute warm-up). I have done exactly one 100 mile round trip with the wife on the back, after which she informed me she will never ride on it again because the racefit blows directly in her face, she thought the seat was comfortable though.

I have 6 other bikes that got significant miles this year (1125CR 8k, Ulysses 7k, SDGT 8k, M2 4k, 1200 bandit/GSXR mutt 3k, HD big twin rigid 3k) but the Indian has gotten the most miles over the last 12 months. The SDGT has replaced the Uly (just passed 120k miles in 6 years of ownership) for longer trips but for anything else, I'm probably taking the FTR. Our weather has been outstanding this year and work has afforded me time off quite regularly to make a bunch of trips. I typically ride 20-25K a year between those few bikes, but this year I've done 45k which is pretty unheard of...covid lockdowns have certainly helped me out with these miles, the wife and I's usual annual island trip didn't happen nor did the family road trip we typically take. I'm not complaining, plus my wife has become much more comfortable on bikes and recently knocked out her first 600 mile day since before we had the kid (and we were in our early 20s).

My first year with the FTR has been GREAT and I look forward to many more (ps, I don't sell bikes).

View attachment 4623
I like that screen, Powerbronze is it?
Which one?