Cutting it fine…very fine…

Breto

Made it to the servo this morning to fill up for a ride around the loop backwards. Did my usual and stood the thing up at the pump. Not much left to play with by the looks of that. An indicated 233k popped up on the dash after about 3 minutes of riding. 182.3 on the clock after the ride and an indicated 28k left. Close…🤣👍😎
BDD9EECA-1E3B-423D-98B4-A0162CC2A46F.jpeg

D

Deleted member 706

LOL @Breto.
I have had to push a bike to the pump, a mile or so on a country road. Coincidentally it was the X-75 Hurricane and petrol was $NZD 1.00 per Imperial gallon at the time 2.37 filled it.
One time on the Norton Commando the engine coughed and died on the forecourt and I coasted up to the pump 😁

Breto

H
LOL @Breto.
I have had to push a bike to the pump, a mile or so on a country road. Coincidentally it was the X-75 Hurricane and petrol was $NZD 1.00 per Imperial gallon at the time 2.37 filled it.
One time on the Norton Commando the engine coughed and died on the forecourt and I coasted up to the pump 😁
Had something similar happen on the Nullarbor plane man. Ended up drafting a Ute with the throttle wide open on the K75, two up, rolled into the servo opened the cap and it just went fffffffffftttt…it never used to pick up the last litre in the 21 litre tank but man it was running on fumes that day. Very close. 🤣😎👍

Breto

I put 12.7 litres in the other day and thought THAT was close!

glad you made it.
Yep just Tash…the last ride it went on was with my mate on board and we did the big loop as well. And it’s about 5 k to the servo from my place but yep got there…👍😎

cupcake_mike

Thats 3.4 gallons, I've put in 3.7 and some change before. Thats was without running out of gas. You had plenty left.

I put in nearly that much every day just for my round trip commute.

Breto

Thats 3.4 gallons, I've put in 3.7 and some change before. Thats was without running out of gas. You had plenty left.

I put in nearly that much every day just for my round trip commute.
110ml left in a 13 litre tank is not plenty mate. US gallons don’t work here 🤣🤣👍

cupcake_mike

110ml left in a 13 litre tank is not plenty mate. US gallons don’t work here

Math is math.... the point is that it's not truly a 13L tank, it's actually more than 14L.

Here is one I recently snapped a picture of, that's 14L, the tank wasn't empty and i didn't have any burp out of the vent.

Facts are facts

Attachments

• 20220628_140152.jpg
    20220628_140152.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 3

Breto

All I can say mate is that I would never be able to squeeze 14 litres into that tank. No matter how long it took to do it. When the fuel light is on and I’ve been running on it for a while and it takes almost 13 I’d say I’d say im very close to empty. Maths aside with several hard twists on that throttle I reckon it would burn that last 110ml very quickly and I don’t like pushing a motorcycle at my age. 🤣👍😎

cupcake_mike

Except it's not 110ml, you were within a litre or so of being empty. Basically the amount lots of folks carry for backup (good for around 10-15 miles). Tank capacity is a fixed amount and the tank isn't different sized for the US vs international market. I've run out of gas at 95 miles and also gone 130 without running out. The point of the matter is that you had plenty of reserve available, doesn't matter what your "feeling" about it was.

Breto

We’ll all I can say is it obviously comes down to what state of tune your bikes in and how you ride. At a quoted 12.9 litre tank capacity which I will call 13 and at an average of say 200k to that volume and considering my tune state and the way I ride plus the terrain I ride in I should be getting around 15k to the litre. Considering I possibly had 110ml or less according to the quoted capacity that’s means I should have been good for at least 150metres. And when you cant hear or feel much when you shake the thing from side to side at the pump regardless of how I feel about it I’d say it was close. Besides, I’m not arguing the point. If you get that out of yours that awesome. I’m just saying it how it is for me.