Did you have a wish list?

Zigg

We are still waiting on our FTR 1200 (S) or dreaming about it, but what was your goal before FTR 1200 came along? Triumph Bonneville Bobber was one that I remember the most. Reviewers made nice comments about it, and the style was just perfect for my taste.

Knox

I'm interested to see how the electric motorcycles turn out down the road. Those have been on my wish list for some time, but I think it will take a while before they have improved enough that I'll actually want to buy one.

Reactions: K9F

Merrick

I don't blame ya @Zigg the Triumph Bonneville Bobber is a sleek bike. If I'm going futuristic like @Knox, I'm looking forward for a motorcycle to come out with loads of tech/AI built-in. But right now, nothing appeals to me like the FTR 1200. It has some cool tech features. I've been drooling over it for awhile. I'm still on the fence, mainly because I haven't ridden the darn thing yet. I gotta see it in person.

Zigg

The electric motorcycles are indeed interesting with their no-gas-no-oil concept. You still need to be prepared for extra power and errors when you go on a trip. That part isn't much different, but the rest will probably be a whole new experience that it may not be biking anymore.

K9F

Hi Knox and Zigg, I too am interested in the electric motorcycles but personally don't think the battery technology or the infrastructure is advanced enough at the moment. The pricing too is out of the ballpark when you consider what conventional gas guzzling alternatives there are. At my work we have two Nissan Leaf vehicles. When you take them out of 'ECO' and 'give them beans' they take off like a scalded cat. Range tops out at 100 miles, stick the heater or the air conditioning on and you lose 10% of that range and so on with each system you turn on it eats away at your range. Each vehicle costs £72 per month battery leasing, I don't use £72 of fuel per month in my car. The Leaf also cost £32k when new, trade in time 3.5 years later my work were offered £6.5k each.

Back to motorcycles. The 'Livewire' over here comes in at £28,000 and with a range of 120 miles or so is of absolute no use to me whatsoever. The Zeros look interesting too but they are also expensive for what they are and what they deliver apart from the instant torque that is.