Display screen leaking???

IslandRider

Not sure why or how yet but the display screen has let air/water enter and its annoying. I contacted Indian but have not heard back yet. Warranty expires in couple months so I'm keeping fingers crossed. Anyone had this issue? Not seeing any other threads about this problem.

Aloha:)

Attachments

• FTRdisplayIMG_2058[13052].jpg
    FTRdisplayIMG_2058[13052].jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 31

Timps27

Mine has the slightest bubble in the top left, has t grown yet so I haven’t done anything about it. @Max Kool by known issue do you mean they are replacing them under warranty?

FTR London

Bloody TV screens instead of analogue speedos.
:ph34r:

American

Didn’t they put some sort of screen protector on the displays?
If so it could be moisture in between the the two.

edgelett

Didn’t they put some sort of screen protector on the displays?
If so it could be moisture in between the the two.
could be - not everyone has the screen protector though.
here in Aus we didn't get them mailed to us like those in the US did, unless you went to your dealer and asked for one you wouldn't have received one.

kiwi dave

Bit like screen protectors on mobile phones. I've given up trying to replace them on my phone, I now take it to the Mall where the retailer (usually a female with nimble fingers) apply them effortlessly.

Breto

Yeah I didn’t receive one either…not really an issue for me at the moment but if it happens I’ll try the warranty path…👍😎

edgelett

Yeah I didn’t receive one either…not really an issue for me at the moment but if it happens I’ll try the warranty path…👍😎
I had a message come up on my Ride Command app telling me to see my dealer about getting one.
Next time i took it for a service they helped me out. You should be able to grab one from them when you go there next

Breto

Yeah I won’t be going to them for services. I have an ex Indian mechanic from the old Brisbane shop that is doing that now. If it becomes an issue I’ll talk to them but until then I’m not going near team moto…

edgelett

Yeah I won’t be going to them for services. I have an ex Indian mechanic from the old Brisbane shop that is doing that now. If it becomes an issue I’ll talk to them but until then I’m not going near team moto…
fair enough mate - few dealers are rather avoidable lol

American

I’m really hoping for the OP that it was a screen protector issue and not a ruined display.
Any update?
It rains a lot here in FL so any type of weather/water protection is good.
Should go without saying but when washing the bike that you don’t saturate the screen area.