Don't know what happened...

Vippen

... really, but here I am with a 2019 FTR.

My daughter is turning 18 in a year, so I made up a devious plan to get a small, easy to handle, bike for her to learn on, and then eventually sneak someting more potent into the garage for me to use when she practices. So, I got us a Husqvarna Svartpilen 401, a fenomenal beginners bike that's super-easy to ride, and it has a surprisingly good punch for its size. Love it! Then I had to get some new boots (mine from when I last had a road bike 30 years ago was a bit rugged...) to ride in, why I went to one of the bigger bike dealers here in Stockholm, Sweden. Cunningly enough you have to pass both new and used bikes on your way to the accessories department, and there stood a used FTR, looking as incredibly cool as I remember from the pictures (of the prototype, it turns out) I've seen on the great interwebs. It had the high S&S exhaust so it looked very much flat track. Thinking nothing more of it at the time, a seed was planted...

Some days passed, and I started thinking: it couldn't harm to go try it out, right, just to see what it's like!???! A couple of weeks later I happend to have some business on that side of town, so I took the Husky over to have a closer look at the FTR. It had me at hello... Or rather from the first rev. I've never heard anything like it, already idling, and when I took a ride, there was no going back, I was completely blow away by both the power delivery, and the increadible sound on all revs, under all circumstances! I've spent time on japanese sports bikes, and italian, but what a lovely brute this is! So here we are, me and the Indian. Unfortunately I got it in November, when winter should already have us in its grip, but I managed to squeeze in a couple of rides in 2-3 degrees C before there was ice on the ground. It's going to be a long winter for sure, but hey, what a spring I will have!!!

Indian hö.jpg

Hope to learn a lot here from You guys, and maybe even contribute some in due time. Now I think I'll go down to the garage to see the Indian is doing OK in its hibernation. And count the days...

Last edited:

edgelett

Congrats! You did well to find a 2019 Race Replica, they're rare as hens teeth!
And the Husky is an excellent choice of bike for daughter to learn on, nice and light and easy to flick through twisties :)

Vippen

Thanks! I'm starting to understand that they're quite a rare breed, especially over here in Sweden. And You're right about the Husky, it's really super easy to control, she's had a couple of off-the-grid test rides that turned out right (coming from riding an electrical moped), and she likes it a lot!

mark.lb

Welcome to the FTR club From Pittsburgh, PA - USA.
The same thing happened to me in September 2020. I went to Pitt Cycles to purchase an oil change kit for my FTR and came home with an Indian Vintage.
I walked past it on the show room floor and I could hear it saying “buy me” - I need a good home!
A5780E1F-19C4-40FD-B2A5-3F897E2F1779.jpeg

Babaloo

Hey welcome from UK....

Same story.... got mine Dec.. used it once or twice.... seriously feel like a kid waiting to take it out.....

Wait to your start making it yours that's when the fun really starts.....

Vippen

Thanks Babaloo! Yep, can't wait for the snow to melt away!

There's a bunch of stuff done to mine already that mostly feels just right. I'm thinking on some smaller adjustsment though, which would hopefully take the edges off the wait a bit...

D

Deleted member 706

G'day @Vippen welcome from Western Australia.
I think I know what happened, but I'm not a doctor. My guess is that you got Indian fever the symptoms can persist for quite a while. They're mostly benign except on the wallet 🤑

Vippen

G'day @fuknKIWI! Would have thought to find You in NZ...

My wife have been talking about Indian fever since the day I first saw it. I thought she was talking rubbish, but You say she was right the whole time? Scary! But then again, neither of You is a doctor...

D

Deleted member 706

G'day I guess we could call for another opinion, I'm sure that there are people here to confirm it 🤣😂😜
Funnily enough there are a lot Kiwis and all sorts of other people here, Swedes included.

D

Deleted member 706

lots of Aussies in NZ too haha
And not just the 501's!

@Vippen the 501's are technically Kiwi citizens who get deported to NZ because some fascist arsehole in government thinks they are of "bad character" often they have lived most of their lives in Aussie. It's a bit like Scandi's deporting other Scandi's...