Dropped my 19' Base today; not even sitting on the bike.... I JUST WANTED GAS

Wayne

When I ordered it they said it was in stock but now I see “available for back order”. Unless they pulled my order from the stock they claimed to have at that time I will never see it since they are no longer in production. I will give it a week then request a refund.

Wayne

I just received confirmation that the RSD frame sliders have shipped to me. Moore's Speed Racing is currently out of stock but just ordered the balance of the RSD Frame Sliders from their European distributor. They should have them in 3 to 5 days. If you are looking for a set email Dan Rose at [email protected]

The exchange rate ups the price a bit and the shipping from the UK is pretty high. I now see how the Euros, Aussies and Kiwis feel. the price in Pounds and the shipping added about $100.00 over the RSD list price but I will get them.

Last edited:

Sam

Playing devils advocate... my understanding (I'm not a physicist) is that frame sliders are great at protecting machines when they fall over at a standstill. At speed however they "catch" the floor, curbs or worse dig into soft ground causing the bike to tumble. This in turn, causes more damage.

Its possible I could be completely wrong

Max Kool

"it depends"

At speed the damage either with or without sliders will be big anyway. If your bike gets jammed under the armco, or folded around a tree/pole, run off a canyon road...

I personally don't like them, looks weird, but having something to catch the fall is always good. And I think the RSD ones are the better choice, because they have the chance to bend before it damages the engine or frame.

Timps27

Different form of protection but the engine bars on my Tiger are worth their weight in gold. I’ve laid it down several times both on and off road and there is 0 damage to anything other than my bars, boxes and bark busters.

My FTR has gone over twice now, both on his own. I think the shortening of the stand would solve my problem there, but if I had some guards I wouldn’t have the scratches on my rad guard and pipes. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wayne

That's ridiculous. These are going on my bike and if I were to sell them which I won't it would be a my cost.

kyletbandit

Mine tipped over on its own while i was inside paying for the gas. Same damage. I have the new front lever but Indian is telling me they cant get the rear pedal. Any decent aftermarkets out there? Or will i have any luck trying to bend it back?

edgelett

lots of people have fitted either Gilles or Wunderkind rearsets - you might be able to get a level on it's own from someone who has

kyletbandit

I ordered new replacements from Indian. Actually not that expensive. I haven't received the rear lever yet. Hopefully they didn't screw up the order again.

D

Deleted member 706

Some dickhead tried to ride of with the disc lock still on. Araldite fixed the brake lever. Who knows how to strip the black coating off the mufflers? IMG_20210429_221428.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

nailbeater

Some dickhead tried to ride of with the disc lock still on. Araldite fixed the brake lever. Who knows how to strip the black coating off the mufflers? View attachment 5398
Don't feel bad. I was doing a rolling burn out burn out and front end flip out I'll be I don't know how but the bike slid for about 30' With the frame sliders the only damage was Scoffed up Front brake lever A little scuff on my Bassani,and I bent rear brake lever. If yours happens to break when you bend it back you can buy just that 1 piece it underscrews I found out the hard way and and tried to bend mine back and broke it it's just pot metal I suggest unscrewing it and just ordering another one From Indian Comes with new rubber 2

nailbeater

Playing devils advocate... my understanding (I'm not a physicist) is that frame sliders are great at protecting machines when they fall over at a standstill. At speed however they "catch" the floor, curbs or worse dig into soft ground causing the bike to tumble. This in turn, causes more damage.

Its possible I could be completely wrong
I slid my bike 30 feethirty feet after a rolling burn out on frame sliders . Only thing it destroyed were the frame Sliders. And rear brake Lever. Little Scuff On my Bassani. That was at 30 miles an hour I picked up my bike and rode home with the broken collar bone

Amrit

Also as a side note? Swapping the stocks for a grippier rears was a total game changer... I'm really.

Here's the stock then new; within a week of each other. Different bike basically.
Hey Jacob, sorry to hear that you dropped your bike. Hope it's all fixed now.
I like your rear carbon fibre mud guard, where did you get that from?