FTR won't start

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The map isnt a recall. its just an update.

And if you type your bike vin into the recall page, it may come up. It takes a while fore indian to notify everyone of the recall

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
here is the recall search page

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
you dont need your dealer, look at your paper work and type your vin into the link posted above.

SURLY

you dont need your dealer, look at your paper work and type your vin into the link posted above.
Have done that and it looks like it needs doing but waiting for dealer to call back to hear what he says if he says yes I will be pissed as I have not been notified and this is a serious issue with people dropping bikes because of it best case senario you have a repair bill worst case you get hurt is Indian going to pick up the repair bill of course not so worried and somewhat dissapointed.

SURLY

Considering people are having accidents two months is not good enough. Does anyone know what is actually entailed here is it just a case of changeing a circuit breaker fuse in the fuse box?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Recall Summary
SAFETY
Recall Number: I-19-05-B
NHTSA Recall Number: XXXXXX
NHTSA Notified Date: 12/11/2019
NHTSA Description
INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Safety Risk
INDIAN MOTORCYCLE HAS IDENTIFIED SOME 2019 INDIAN FTR 1200 MOTORCYCLES BUILT FROM 2/12/2019 THROUGH 7/31/2019 MAY HAVE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS THAT DO NOT MEET QUALITY STANDARDS. AFFECTED CIRCUIT BREAKERS DO NOT MEET FUNCTIONAL SPECIFICATIONS AND MAY CAUSE AN ENGINE TO UNEXPECTEDLY STOP RUNNING, INCREASING THE RISK OF A CRASH.
Hide Details
Remedy
DEALER TO REPLACE 10A CIRCUIT BREAKERS

SURLY

Yep saw that when I followed your post and it says some do not meet spec so have Indian bought in from the cheapest supplier? if its in the fuse box we could fix it ourselves if we knew which one to change.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
there are only three 10 amp breakers. So you replace all the ones in there.

You can do it yourself, the breakers are cheap, but only way to clear the open recall legally, your dealer has to do it. It takes 10 minutes.

SURLY

there are only three 10 amp breakers. So you replace all the ones in there.

You can do it yourself, the breakers are cheap, but only way to clear the open recall legally, your dealer has to do it. It takes 10 minutes.
Are they all in the fuse box if so will change them then let my dealer change them at service.

SURLY

Put the part no off the fuse into google and the only place with them was in the US.
Will try again.

K9F

They are available in plentiful supply in the UK if you know what you’re looking for? Take your pick.

SURLY

They are available in plentiful supply in the UK if you know what you’re looking for? Take your pick.

3 ordered thank you very much :)

fugz

Dont both with Raptor supplies. I ordered from them months ago. Had to cancel and claim money back from Paypal. No response to phone/emails. I bought mine from amazon but they came from the US, took a couple of weeks. UK supplies were hard to get. 10mins to fit