Got mine yesterday.....

Babaloo

Thank you for having this forum really appreciated. Just got mine just at the beginning of starting to play with speccing it. I have had Japanese bikes all my life so this is a huge step to me but I have never looked at a bike and loved it so much.......

I took it out for the first time yesterday and so many strangers came up to me and wanted to talk was mad.....

S2Davies

Welcome from the midlands, congratulations on your new two wheeled friend, I hope the weather hols off for a few weeks for you.

Babaloo

Same place as More Speed. I presume that's where you bought the bike?

Welcome.
Yes I'm really fortunate it's a couple of miles from me. But unfortunate that I can see my bank account getting smashed as their Indian shop is full of temptation. 😇

Breto

Yep and now it starts…once you have been shot by the arrow of Indian, you need to bite down on the bullet and watch your wallet empty…mind you it’s a good thing…you see your bike improve before your eyes every time you spend some cash…welcome and enjoy mate…🍺🍺👍😎🇦🇺

Babaloo

Yep and now it starts…once you have been shot by the arrow of Indian, you need to bite down on the bullet and watch your wallet empty…mind you it’s a good thing…you see your bike improve before your eyes every time you spend some cash…welcome and enjoy mate…🍺🍺👍😎🇦🇺
Yep fair one cheers 😉 I am the target market !!! When I bought the bike I caned £600 of extra before it left the showroom.

However the new carbon seat looks the biz and is well comfortable.....

Breto

I have a carbon seat paid for and on order but delivery times are not until January at this stage. I’ve fired off an email asking if that was still the case but haven’t heard back yet…👍😎

American

Glad you’re close to that shop as people seem to really like their work!
It’s interesting to me to see the bike be as popular as it is outside of North America. One of the deciding factors to me was it’s made in the USA and even though I could have bought more power for the money this is just such a fun bike with looks to spare.

What was the thing that made you buy yours?

Babaloo

Different reasons I guess.... my biking needs changed. I used to commute so needed a work horse bike now I just need a bike to have fun with.

Where I live in the UK is a beautiful biking area.

My last bike I bought a Tracer GT brand new I kinda thought do I need all this power ? Do I need all the gizmos? Then destiny did its thing and it was killed after 4 months from new 🤔🤭😁

The FTR power distribution suited me I don't need lightning fast but enough to have fun.

Like most people I have had many bikes but I can honestly say I have never loved a bike like the FTR and man the attention and questions you get wherever you go..........its absolute beauty and design normally is the domain of the Italians....😍

Last edited:

K9F

Welcome. Small World, despite having 'jumped ship' from the FTR and as a result participate less on this forum I'll keep an eye out for your bike. I live less than two miles from Moore Speed Racing myself.

Babaloo

Welcome. Small World, despite having 'jumped ship' from the FTR and as a result participate less on this forum I'll keep an eye out for your bike. I live less than two miles from Moore Speed Racing myself.
I'm in Upton ill go down to the Tuesday Poole bike night in summer .... look out for the bike 👍😉

K9F

Rivo's Hub on a Thursday is worth a visit too. Occasionally I'll ride up to Weston Lawns Bike Night in Weston Super Mare, it's a great ride out through Shepton Mallet and Wells. I also do Loomies quite often too.

Babaloo

Rivo's Hub on a Thursday is worth a visit too. Occasionally I'll ride up to Weston Lawns Bike Night in Weston Super Mare, it's a great ride out through Shepton Mallet and Wells. I also do Loomies quite often too.
Great advice live 1 minute from Rivo's never been there !!!

I moved to the area while back so don't know a massive lot about the area.

If your ever short of company for a ride out let me know

K9F

Will do! Have told my riding buddies in the interim I am going solo to get to grips with the bike and having gone totally 'off-piste' with a one off custom build I am staying relatively local until the bike is 'proven' before travelling further afield. If you live at Turlin Moor buy as many anti-theft devices you can afford! ;)

There's plenty of events on in the Summer and my favorite ones are Rivo's Hub on a Thursday and Rainbow Cafe Meet fortnightly at East Knighton just past Wool. I do go to Poole but to rush home after work at the hospital get into the bike gear, dig the bike out and then ride the few miles to Poole can be exhausting at times. Southampton Bike Night at Bargates on a Thursday is also worth a trip especially if you ride out through the New Forest via Lyndhurst rather than the A31/M27. First run out on 'The 300' tomorrow weather permitting but only a 'pootle' to Mudeford. Got 350 miles break in to go!

Babaloo

Will do! Have told my riding buddies in the interim I am going solo to get to grips with the bike and having gone totally 'off-piste' with a one off custom build I am staying relatively local until the bike is 'proven' before travelling further afield. If you live at Turlin Moor buy as many anti-theft devices you can afford! ;)

There's plenty of events on in the Summer and my favorite ones are Rivo's Hub on a Thursday and Rainbow Cafe Meet fortnightly at East Knighton just past Wool. I do go to Poole but to rush home after work at the hospital get into the bike gear, dig the bike out and then ride the few miles to Poole can be exhausting at times. Southampton Bike Night at Bargates on a Thursday is also worth a trip especially if you ride out through the New Forest via Lyndhurst rather than the A31/M27. First run out on 'The 300' tomorrow weather permitting but only a 'pootle' to Mudeford. Got 350 miles break in to go!
Thanks for all the advice appreciated. It's cool I live in Upton round the other side of the water and have a garage so no issues.

Kinda feel the same the FTR is a very different bike for me so getting used to it.

Work in Ferndown so yeah getting home and changed to get down to the harbour always a bit of effort needed.

But yeah roll.on the summer....