Hello from Adelaide South Australia!

edgelett

Sorry for the delay - busy morning.

OK so the law in South Aus is that in order for your warranty to be valid, all scheduled services MUST be done by a qualified motorcycle mechanic and recorded accordingly until such time as the end of your warranty is reached.
This means that unless you are a qualified mechanic, although I'm sure you can handle an oil change and bolt tightening, it actually would cause issues if you went to make a mechanical warranty claim at any time.

However, you can take it to ANY qualified motorcycle mechanic, so if you don't want to take it back to the dealer you can take it anywhere else.
(interestingly this is how places like Ultratune etc sprung in to existence, and why car dealers offer capped price servicing for the life of the warranty).

it doesn't however prevent you from doing things outside of the scheduled service by yourself (i.e an oil change outside of the regular interval)

I've met Paul, he's a gruff guy and personally I prefer to chat to the other mechanics at the dealer - they're nice guys and quite chatty about the FTR.

hope that helps!

MikeChen93

Sorry for the delay - busy morning.

OK so the law in South Aus is that in order for your warranty to be valid, all scheduled services MUST be done by a qualified motorcycle mechanic and recorded accordingly until such time as the end of your warranty is reached.
This means that unless you are a qualified mechanic, although I'm sure you can handle an oil change and bolt tightening, it actually would cause issues if you went to make a mechanical warranty claim at any time.

However, you can take it to ANY qualified motorcycle mechanic, so if you don't want to take it back to the dealer you can take it anywhere else.
(interestingly this is how places like Ultratune etc sprung in to existence, and why car dealers offer capped price servicing for the life of the warranty).

it doesn't however prevent you from doing things outside of the scheduled service by yourself (i.e an oil change outside of the regular interval)

I've met Paul, he's a gruff guy and personally I prefer to chat to the other mechanics at the dealer - they're nice guys and quite chatty about the FTR.

hope that helps!
Thanks a lot mate.the law here Is just so stupid!!!

Rich.ftr

Are those battlax the most grippy tyres we can buy at the moment? Coz I do lots of twisties.
Hi all. ive just come across another option from dunlop... Roadsmart3 170/60/18 that will fit 4.25 rim apparently..

https://www.motorcycletyrewarehouse.com.au/dunlop-roadsmart-iii-17060zr18-rear
They have the 19" front

Good reviews one race school endorses them on their 600 track bikes.

I might give these ago soon.. Just need to learn rolling burnouts to be rid of the dt3r's.

Max Kool

170/60 on a 4.25” rim? You’re not afraid that’s going to be too pinched?

I always thought the 160/60–18 was already on the limit.

Rich.ftr

Yes I'm concerned but i found this chart ... Ill see if i can paste in ..it showed the grey as a possible with 4.25 rim but 5.0 rim as standard std
I tried contacting dunlop new zealand but unable to get any tech info... Cheers rich
Screenshot_2021-10-05-09-12-16.png

Rich.ftr

Ps i put a bridgestone 180/60 ax41s on my bmw scrambler and it was a mistake as it pinched round too much on the rim and its just a waste of rubber as pegs scrapping ( on a track day) and 8mm of near vertical chicken strip rubber unused.