Hello from Adelaide South Australia!

MikeChen93

Hi guys! I just got my very first American bike since I got my motorcycle license 10 years ago.
What a bike! The first impression is that the seat is so comfortable and gear shifter is so nicely positioned! (I usually feel all European bikes and jap bikes with Too-high gear shifter) all those nice and comfy things make me feel very confident to turn the bike with less effort. I’m coming from ducatis and some jap bikes (I had 4 ducatis before like 1199 and Diavel), but this FTR1200 just gave me those feelings you’ll never get from European bikes and I know I love it so much from day 1.

Attachments

• 0DBE649F-50AD-43EB-B371-3379898C0756.jpeg
    0DBE649F-50AD-43EB-B371-3379898C0756.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 9B7EC230-AD4A-4932-BBA0-FD50AE1A145A.jpeg
    9B7EC230-AD4A-4932-BBA0-FD50AE1A145A.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 13

edgelett

what a great city to ride a great bike in!
(I may be biased haha)

welcome to the club, you scored with the weather today too.

MikeChen93

I did some hill riding today. Some updates:
The rear Dunlop’s edge grip is so so so slippery,and being 150 width it’s also very easy to put the edge on contact.ive got no complaints about the front whatsoever. i checked the rear tyre after the ride I noticed how not-round the tyre is. It looks like the edge is flat. I mean such a nice chassis/engine and they put those tyres only for looks which I feel a bit shame.

mark.lb

After a few more miles and more experience with the t30’s please give us a full report. I am ready to purchase new tires soon and am torn between staying stock or the limited 90/10 choices. (I‘ll need a rear in 500-600 miles but my front is only about half way) I was thinking about getting a new rear DT3R and using up the front then switching when both need replaced. (I am getting about 2500 from the rear) edgelett just put on new Conti Attack 3s and I am looking at those as well. I do like the “look“ of the DT3Rs and overall I have had pretty good results with them. However I probably don’t ride quite as aggressively as you.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Are those battlax the most grippy tyres we can buy at the moment? Coz I do lots of twisties.

Any of the sport touring tires will grip about the same, and yes they are the most grippy class of tire you can get in a 18/19 size. You just have to go to the 160 rear.

I replaced a41s, which were a 90/10 tire that was a stock 150 size, i feel this rear is much better.

edgelett

yeah those stock Dunlops aren't great for the Adelaide hills at all.

I put on a set of Conti Road Attacks - even just riding home from the shop it felt better lol.

MikeChen93

Just want let you guys know what I found right now:
Those scratches are inside the clear coat which surprised me! Are they factory defect lol?

Attachments

• A51BC71B-3559-4111-8644-0258C2628622.jpeg
    A51BC71B-3559-4111-8644-0258C2628622.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 13
  • 7796D8BA-7F03-46BE-AC46-74C56F953A7D.jpeg
    7796D8BA-7F03-46BE-AC46-74C56F953A7D.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 13

MikeChen93

Update:
Went to the dealer today,they say that’ll be a warranty replacement and then told me will be ready for my first service. I was like why until first service? I told him straight away I’ll do the first service myself and suddenly he’s not happy and bring up some “will affect the warranty“ thing.

edgelett

hmm who told you that Mike? or Brenton?

yeah tricky one.
I know a lot of guys here do all their own servicing. But laws in Aus are a bit different to the USA....

You should call Consumer and Business Services as they will have the right answer regarding warranty and vehicle servicing.
I also work with a couple of ex MTA staff so I'll ask them in the morning for you.
my understanding is that as long as all services are done through a registered mechanic (which could be anyone other than the dealer) your warranty is ok.
that rule was introduced to stop dealers saying you must go through them otherwise the warranty is void then charging a zillion dollars for the service - but you still have to take it to a registered mechanic.
i'll confirm for you in the morning mate.