Hello from Denmark

Fer_DK

Hello :)

43 years, 2 kids (who also loves riding as pillion), living in the country side southern Sealand Denmark.

I have been riding motorcycles since 2000. Yamaha TDR125, Suzuki GSXR250, Honda VFR400R, Kawasaki Z750, BMW S1000R

The BMW was a fantastic ride. Soo much power and so polished ride. But went soooo fast on all my rides. So time for a change :)

Really love my FTR so far. Got a slightly used 2021. Got the base model, going back to the roots with analog speedometer and no driving aid s (besides mandatory ABS) Luckily the previous owner did some nice upgrades. Indian branded rizoma mirrors, rally pegs, tail tidy. Scorpion rally gts tires (so much better than the stock tires)

Took my first ride on a stock bike at the dealers 2021 model also. And was quite scared of the stock tires wet “performance” or lack here of. I have been on the scorpion rally. GTS for 1400km. And I keep pushing them harder and harder. Building confidence. Really impressed with tarmac grip of such knobby tires.

Mods to come: New blinkers, 2cm bar riser, S&S slip on, Lloyds pv3 tune, tutorro chain Oliver

Regards from Denmark

Attachments

• 74020363-DFBF-462E-8F7A-718C7866C5B3.jpeg
    74020363-DFBF-462E-8F7A-718C7866C5B3.jpeg
    698 KB · Views: 17

FTR London

Hello :)

43 years, 2 kids (who also loves riding as pillion), living in the country side southern Sealand Denmark.

I have been riding motorcycles since 2000. Yamaha TDR125, Suzuki GSXR250, Honda VFR400R, Kawasaki Z750, BMW S1000R

The BMW was a fantastic ride. Soo much power and so polished ride. But went soooo fast on all my rides. So time for a change :)

Really love my FTR so far. Got a slightly used 2021. Got the base model, going back to the roots with analog speedometer and no driving aid s (besides mandatory ABS) Luckily the previous owner did some nice upgrades. Indian branded rizoma mirrors, rally pegs, tail tidy. Scorpion rally gts tires (so much better than the stock tires)

Took my first ride on a stock bike at the dealers 2021 model also. And was quite scared of the stock tires wet “performance” or lack here of. I have been on the scorpion rally. GTS for 1400km. And I keep pushing them harder and harder. Building confidence. Really impressed with tarmac grip of such knobby tires.

Mods to come: New blinkers, 2cm bar riser, S&S slip on, Lloyds pv3 tune, tutorro chain Oliver

Regards from Denmark
Sounds like a nice find.

I originally had Continental Road Attack II tyres on, which in addition to being perhaps the optimum rubber for this bike, I couldn't fault at all. Responsive, great feel and grippy as fuck. But I thought they looked shite. So I stuck on a pair of Pirelli Rally STRs and although obviously not quite the performance as the sports tourers, are astonishingly capable on the road, whilst also allowing for modest off road excursions (gravel, hard compacted dirt and most unsealed tracks). Absolutely useless on mud and sand though. They look the absolute bollocks and afford an aggressive styling (on what is after all supposed to be a flat track inspired bike) that the road tyres lacked.

I also originally had the S&S Grand National slip on with link pipe following a cat delete. Minus the baffle it sounded perfect - very deep resonance and tasteful, exactly as a twin should sound imo - whereas my baffle-less Toce low mount that replaced it (despite being a brilliant system) is in all honesty, a tad too obnoxious and I am entirely to blame.

As far as I'm aware, Lloyd'z are no longer offering flash/PV3 tunes - bench only. They have a remote tuning service here in the UK, not sure about continental Europe yet.

Last edited:

Webby

Howdo from Texas! That FTR is nice addition to your already awesome stable of machines! I love the black.

Fer_DK

Sounds like a nice find.

I originally had Continental Road Attack II tyres on, which in addition to being perhaps the optimum rubber for this bike, I couldn't fault at all. Responsive, great feel and grippy as fuck. But I thought they looked shite. So I stuck on a pair of Pirelli Rally STRs and although obviously not quite the performance as the sports tourers, are astonishingly capable on the road, whilst also allowing for modest off road excursions (gravel, hard compacted dirt and most unsealed tracks). Absolutely useless on mud and sand though. They look the absolute bollocks and afford an aggressive styling (on what is after all supposed to be a flat track inspired bike) that the road tyres lacked.

I also originally had the S&S Grand National slip on with link pipe following a cat delete. Minus the baffle it sounded perfect - very deep resonance and tasteful, exactly as a twin should sound imo - whereas my baffle-less Toce low mount that replaced it (despite being a brilliant system) is in all honesty, a tad too obnoxious and I am entirely to blame.

As far as I'm aware, Lloyd'z are no longer offering flash/PV3 tunes - bench only. They have a remote tuning service here in the UK, not sure about continental Europe yet.
Thank you.

I have a PV3 and tune on the way from Lloydz. They must have started offering it again. :)

D

Deleted member 706

G'day from Western Australia if you were in Denmark WA then you would be on the south coast 450 K's from Perth.
I have a base model bike too, the speedo is not actually analog, it just looks like one. IMG_20201031_130652.jpg

Wayne

I finally decided to replace the Dunlop's on my '19 FTR with Conti Road Attack 3s. I have had these on order for a couple of months now. The rear is available however nobody I have found can supply the front tire. Any suggestions on a comparable performing / looking tire?

Wayne

Excellent suggestion. I had considered these previously but got target fixation on the Contis. I think these may be a winner.