Hello

jonh9754

I have a 2019 reg ex-demonstrator 1200S. At most speeds there is a constant ringing noise from the rear, which is as loud as the engine note has anyone else encountered this please? The drive chain alignment has been adjusted but to no avail. Am based in UK. Thanks

S2Davies

Firstly welcome from the midlands. The only "strange" noise I have encountered on mine is from the stock tyres. It is notoriously difficult to describe a noise but here goes, it sounds a bit like a very low volume buzz obviously more noticeable on some road surfaces than others.

jonh9754

Thank you for the response, this noise sounds to me like a medium to higher pitch ringing, not far off the sound of tinnitis (which I suffer from anyway)!

S2Davies

Sorry I can't help with that one, I haven't had anything like that. The only thing I can think of is brakes and bearings, but I'm just guessing, I'm sure those lovely chaps state side will have more of a clue tham me. Hope you sort it out.

Helge

Look under the front engine....there is a Imbus / cross slit tool in 2 metal clips implemented (total crazy place for)...remove it and the noise is gone.
That was the "noise problem" in my german FTR 1200 Rally...I thought it was valve ringing ;-)

jonh9754

Oh great, its an allen key? I'll take a look, many thanks. If it solves the problem, I will confirm

jonh9754

It's this tool usually with hexagons at both ends, I see this tool has a Philips head one end, now Ive taken it off. I'd not heard of Imbus.....but it may be the German name for an Allen Key !?