Hi from New York City!

noksterism

Hi all - have already posted some questions on here but never got around to posting an intro, so here goes.

Picked up my 19' S just last month. Took a good while to get the title, and to undo all of the last owner's decisions (it arrived with no turn signals or mirrors and bars wider than I've ever seen) but it's finally registered and out on the road as of last week. Loving every moment. This thing is a *massive* upgrade from my '16 Yamaha FZ07. After doing a few local demo days, I knew I needed one. Looking forward to summer to get some miles under my belt.

2021-12-03 10.53.06.jpg

Last edited:

noksterism

Welcome from Pittsburgh, PA. How is the FTR as an urban assault vehicle? I rarely ride in the city.
Thanks!

So far, excellent. Definitely not as nimble as the old 680cc Yam, but a heck of a lot sturdier and the power is handy when competing with @!#$heads that won't yield. Not to mention comfortable. Heated grips are a godsend in this weather.

Not bad for lanesplitting either, after I got the previous owner's dirt track bars replaced. Those wouldn't even fit through my yard's front gate. Not city friendly, those. :sneaky:

noksterism

Nice! Greenpoint?
Many in NYC that you know of?
I'll be joining the family soon (waiting on my '22) we should meet up
Thanks! First shot is in Williamsburg at Domino Park, the second is corner of Bowery and Houston in the city.

Welcome! Not too many of us at all. I know of one dude that works at Union Garage in Red Hook that rides an FTR (I think he was sold on it at the Indian Demo Day they hosted there, that's how they lured me in too, haha).
I also met another guy at a Two Wheel Tuesday meet up a few weeks ago. Otherwise, I've not seen any in the wild.

For sure, I ride until they start salting the streets. Otherwise, next season get yourself out to Two Wheel Tuesdays.
Follow @ride.more.talk.less on IG, he hosts the events, good guy, nice meet ups. Something to do to break up the weekly grind.

SPEIRMOOR

Thanks! First shot is in Williamsburg at Domino Park, the second is corner of Bowery and Houston in the city.

Welcome! Not too many of us at all. I know of one dude that works at Union Garage in Red Hook that rides an FTR (I think he was sold on it at the Indian Demo Day they hosted there, that's how they lured me in too, haha).
I also met another guy at a Two Wheel Tuesday meet up a few weeks ago. Otherwise, I've not seen any in the wild.

For sure, I ride until they start salting the streets. Otherwise, next season get yourself out to Two Wheel Tuesdays.
Follow @ride.more.talk.less on IG, he hosts the events, good guy, nice meet ups. Something to do to break up the weekly grind.
Yea I love Union. Great destination but I missed the Indian demo week with work etc.
I go to a share of MC events all over NYC, I'll keep an eye out for you