How long did your order take?

JDigi

Hey all, just distracting myself from this slow torture that Indian is subjecting me to. Was curious how long it took you guys to get your FTR after you ordered it, compared to the delivery estimate provided at the time of the order. I ordered myself a carbon a few weeks ago and at the time they said the delivery window is Dec 1st to the 15th - I called yesterday to see if there was an actual target date and apparently my bike is still in the "planning" phase!? Not looking too good tbh - wtf is Indian doing?

Anyways - when did you get your bike compared to when they said you would when you ordered?

Stanger1

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine about a month ago and was told around Nov 15th, well that's done gone and still nothing yet.
I call them every week and still nothing.
Now, we are getting into the Holiday Season, so it may be next year now.

JDigi

I'm in the same boat. I ordered mine about a month ago and was told around Nov 15th, well that's done gone and still nothing yet.
I call them every week and still nothing.
Now, we are getting into the Holiday Season, so it may be next year now.
This is what I'm afraid of.

Last edited:

edgelett

I got mine within 3 days but that was waaaaaaaay back in 2019.
with delays from both covid and the holiday season, it might be a while for you unfortunately.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
My 22 came in 4 weeks back in September. But I think I got right at the deadline for the 2021 production run. You may be waiting till next year.

motocroft

Ordered my Carbon late June, was initially told delivery would be end of July.
Took ownership in the last week of August.
All up about ~6 weeks wait time.
Not too bad considering the lengthy delays others have experienced. Well worth the wait!

Max Kool

Haha! Yes.

I ordered mine the day Indian announced they would take the FTR into production. Unseen. No pictures were out yet. Which was mid June 2018. The actual model was only introduced in October and mine got delivered mid June 2019.

Last edited:

Breto

We were invited to the launch in Brisbane when they first appeared. Friday 12 April, 2019 That night they were taking deposits. I think the first one was delivered to its new owner 8 months after that date in Brisbane. They did say six months wait to start with but that blew out. I got mine after a phone call and picked it up two days later…March 2020…👍😎🇦🇺

mark.lb

I ordered my 2019 FTR-RR in October 2018. It was delivered on May 25, 2019. This is not a new problem!

JDigi

Well, thanks for the replies guys - to mitigate this annoyance I have now purchased a 2020 Kawasaki Ninja 400 "so that my girlfriend can learn to ride". Seriously, I swear it wasn't bike withdrawal! This was just the most logical solution. As a completely unintended consequence, I get to now do a little bit of mini-vroom-vroom here and there while I await the bigger vroom-vroom.

maxresdefault.jpg

mark.lb

JDigi: Not buyin it!
That thing doesn’t look like the kind of bike she would have purchased for herself to learn to ride…You sly dog you…What a great idea! Maybe I will get my wife a bike. Wonder if she can learn on a Road Master?

edgelett

excellent learner bike :) hopefully it keeps you occupied till the FTR arrives and hopefully your wife loves it too.