Installed 4" Bassani Megaphone Slip-On today

First off; it went on super easy... hardest part was getting the stock muffler/cat off. It was a pain, things had trouble. I was doing it at my Father's place since he has all the tools I thought I'd need. Ended up not being able to find the right socket, had to mtake a trip to Walmart, then had to make a SECOND trip when I realized I never moved the Bassani-FuelMoto tune to the DynoJet 3... blah blah haha.

It's never easy for me I'll be honest. Even stuff that should be! But this actaully was super easy to install. Tune went in, fired her up and BAM it was perfect. The exhaust is borderline TOO loud, but I can definitely make it work. Makes all KINDS of mid-range power, and sounds amazing. You can putt-putt along at 75 sitting around 4K RPM, and not make too much of a fuss. It drones a bit; sure... but it's basically straight piped now and it loves it.

Here's a YouTube video:

Shot on an old iPhone for snapchat; but uploaded it for folks who might want to hear it. Keep in mind this is INSIDE my parentals garage; so it's being amplified a bit; but it picks up some of the INSANE amount of bass this exhaust generates. None of hte videos I"ve seen online truly capture how deep and loud this exhaust is lol. I'm going to get an aciton cam soon; not a GoPro but a chinesium knockoff and I'll get some footage of this from a good angle; similar to how Ferraiolo1!

Attachments

• Bassani Exhaust 2.jpg
    Bassani Exhaust 2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Bassani Exhaust 3.jpg
    Bassani Exhaust 3.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Bassani Exhaust.jpg
    Bassani Exhaust.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 56
  • Bassani_Install1.jpg
    Bassani_Install1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
  • Bassani_Install2.jpg
    Bassani_Install2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
If it weren't for being so loud, that would be my exhaust choice. It just looks right on the FTR.

I fabricated a stubby for my cat and it has the same bass sound, only not as loud.

stive403

Nice! I just picked up my FTR yesterday and already ordered the same setup from Fuel Moto. I'm a bit nervous it will be too loud, but given all the positive reviews on how the pipe/tune work together and the price point, I decided to pull the trigger. Hoping it show up yet this week. Enjoy the ride!

Radicle

My exact set up. Very simple, clean and effective. Its loud. Not as loud as my girlfriends Octane with a 2-1 Hacker Exhaust. That bike makes my ears bleed.

cupcake_mike

Channel locks and a hammer?

My son put together some furniture that used cap head allen bolts, he used a crescent wrench to "tighten" them because he'd "never seen a bolt head like that"

Take the sticker off the airbox!

Sounds good, buddy

Channel locks and a hammer?

My son put together some furniture that used cap head allen bolts, he used a crescent wrench to "tighten" them because he'd "never seen a bolt head like that"

Take the sticker off the airbox!

Sounds good, buddy
LOL Good God why haven't I taken the sticker off before? It's like I haven't thought about it in months, I remember when I picked up the bike thinking "Damn that's a big obvious sticker that's gotta go". Then I never did anything about it hahaah.

Thanks man! And yeah thankfully my Father is 10x the mechanic I'll ever be; luckily he was able to rig something up to get the weird torx looking bolt off of the Passenger Peg but only AFTER I just took the entire passenger peg off so we could get a better hold on it lol. That sucker was ON there.

EagleEye78

Just installed Bassani exhaust and Lloyd'z Garage "SECRET SAUCE" V6. My wife thinks I'll get a performance award. Phiffl!🤣

Attachments

• 5843439C-353B-4D43-8274-DEEEBB53362A.jpeg
    5843439C-353B-4D43-8274-DEEEBB53362A.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 31