Instrument cluster conections

Charliemurphay

What colors are the wire going into the unused plug? The power plug can be plugged in and USB can provide power without the data plug being plugged in. You would only notice the loss of the data plug if you had a ride command display.

637FEB76-1ED8-4CFA-83F3-0FD314F5051C.png

Rich.ftr

Genius... i ended up phoning indian motorcycles in hamilton and they also said data usb. which if im honest made little sense to me, as i thought updates would be through another plug to ecu..

But ive heard that even on these base models have rain , normal, sport modes and gear indication that is still in the bikes memory/ computer.. so i thought maybe the data plug and its socket are part of the ones size fits all wiring loom for all ftr models.
But as you show...

Thanks for the diagram that puts some clarity for me, as i can plug in a device to the usb port for charging but there is no ability to control the device through the analog display unit.

I still dont quite understand why the recipient to the data usb would be hard wired and left unpluged coming out from the anolog instrument display cluster, if there is no use for it.

Thank you

Cheers rich.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes. You can buy the S&s control module. $100 and gives you the modes.

albeit it’s only throttle mapping since you don’t have tc