Interesting drag strip comparisons

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I really wish a vid would pop up somewhere with a professional drag racer taking a tuned ftr down a 1/4 mile. To see what it actually can do, so far, its the rider thats been lacking from all these vids, mine included.

mtFTRnh

I’m happy to see confirmation from experienced riders about how much fun it is to ride the FTR…especially info about how there’s more to a bike than HP and torque numbers

mark.lb

I’m happy they tested these bikes over 1/8 mile. All of them were going nearly 100mph. This is real life. Most of us spend only a small fraction of our riding time above 100mph. Even if we do track days.

Mlazarus

I’m happy they tested these bikes over 1/8 mile. All of them were going nearly 100mph. This is real life. Most of us spend only a small fraction of our riding time above 100mph. Even if we do track days.
I agree. In fact, I'm kind of an exception in that I rarely get even close to WOT on the straight on the occasional track day. I'm more interested in getting around the turns.

D

Deleted member 706

As recently reported in another thread recently the FTR did well against a couple of late model big block Harleys but the Diavel smoked the lot of us.

Cranky

No post for 2 years . Time to update & post 1/4 mile times.

Attachments

• pro-Ar9KJcEz.jpeg
    pro-Ar9KJcEz.jpeg
    789.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 405478326_368012732464514_2623811444464322347_n.jpg
    405478326_368012732464514_2623811444464322347_n.jpg
    529 KB · Views: 18

Peterson

A drag strip comparison of several different bikes. The FTR was included. I'm surprised at how much the testers liked it.
surprised? I was shocked - if I´d stuttered out such a result, I definitely wouldn't show this in the public. I´d shame myself in some 7th cellar floor ...

Peterson

I will patently await videos of you launching your bike with a good 60ft..
so you are convinced, this is a good example for comparing Motorcycles. Maybe I find a clip launching my Duc off the grid. But that proofs nothing. I can do, so many can, and I never ever in my entire motorcycle life watched a guy hop off the line like the one on the Honda. Not seen even in my driving school times. Even more: they tried to compare drag time - so why on earth did he go on hitting the limiter after spoiling the start? If you butcher the take off, you can forget the time. that said. maybe you had a bad minute?!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I’m just here waiting for your 60ft times is all.

All my 1/4 vids are posted on this forum and YouTube.

I’d like to see yours.

Peterson

I’m just here waiting for your 60ft times is all.

All my 1/4 vids are posted on this forum and YouTube.

I’d like to see yours.
dunno why I should have any? We don't even have a drag strip here. But we manage to leave the green light smooth, easy and without easter-bunnying. that said. now go and race.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Because you’re calling out a guy for how he is launching the bike and poor times.

He is also riding a 2019 which is notorious for wheeling off a launch more so than tamer 2022+ bikes.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Heads, intake location and injector location and tune.

Even with a lloydz tune it’s still much tamer. It’s because everyone online complained about the characteristics of the 2019 were too harsh. But that’s what made it fun.

My 22 is nothing like my 19 other than on the top end

Blue1

That's a shame, the instantaneous bottom end response of the '19 is part of what makes it so fun to ride.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I agree, it’s why I never ride my 22 and my wife mainly does.

Still great bikes. Just not the same.