IRC Blipper Up/Down Quickshifter

motocroft

Came across this a while ago - I wouldn't install this on my bike - but interested in real world feedback if anyone has.

Darren Shaw

I have installed and it took doing, had to alter the linkage as it was too long, I also wanted to hide the horrible orange box. Luckily I has a great friend who is a BSB crew chief, but it still took him 6 hours.

holli

i have installed it as well - there are good instructions included - i did a test run and it worked - but we still have snow - so to get it tested on full load it might take some more weeks - till the winter is gone - here are some pic's of my install - i was able to hide the box under the seat (next to the fuel pump).
in the youtube video's of this blipper the cable was loose up - but i found out that there is a cable canal under the sprocket cover and i used this - so the cable is hidden and stays in place - so the sensor cable is almost complete hidden and you only can see from the outside the sensor on the gear lever and everything else is hidden.

Attachments

• 21-12-17 18-12-21 3403.jpeg
    21-12-17 18-12-21 3403.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
  • 21-12-17 14-04-23 3396.jpg
    21-12-17 14-04-23 3396.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 109
  • 21-12-17 14-47-39 3399.jpg
    21-12-17 14-47-39 3399.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 121
  • 21-12-17 14-51-38 3401.jpg
    21-12-17 14-51-38 3401.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • 22-01-07 00-24-09 3411.jpg
    22-01-07 00-24-09 3411.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 109
  • 22-01-07 00-23-53 3410.jpg
    22-01-07 00-23-53 3410.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:

C-KicksXL

i have installed it as well - there are good instructions included - i did a test run and it worked - but we still have snow - so to get it tested on full load it might take some more weeks - till the winter is gone - here are some pic's of my install - i was able to hide the box under the seat (next to the fuel pump).
in the youtube video's of this blipper the cable was loose up - but i found out that there is a cable canal under the sprocket cover and i used this - so the cable is hidden and stays in place - so the sensor cable is almost complete hidden and you only can see from the outside the sensor on the gear lever and everything else is hidden.
Did you get the up and down version?

Darren Shaw

I got the up and down, my other bikes have all got it and I race a MV Agusta F3 and its hard to get your head back into clutching when you have used one.e

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Can you take a video of it in action with wot upshifts and some high rpm down shifts?

I know some systems were having issues at WOT, and no manufacture has been able to produce a vid showing their product works at WOT

Darren Shaw

I’m not that technically savvy, but a box is connected to the ECU. I think matching revs to blip down is done by the box reading the rpm.

holli

does it hook into the spark plugs or the injectors? Also is there an app you control it with?
hello,

there 4 interception's in place
1 + 2 are the coil (spark) bypass
3 gearshift bypass (rear under black plastic cover)
4 APS bypass (front under the display connector)

there is no need to cut any wire - it is just plug and play as all connector match the installed ones

as shown on my pic's the blue/black/orange box has an interface (2 buttons and a small display) and there can be adjustments done for almost everything - as far i know there is no app - here are the possible settings that can be changed from the manual i got with the blipper

Attachments

• IMG_3414.jpeg
    IMG_3414.jpeg
    921.4 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_3415.jpeg
    IMG_3415.jpeg
    990 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3416.jpeg
    IMG_3416.jpeg
    804.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 21-12-17 13-50-20 3393.jpg
    21-12-17 13-50-20 3393.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:

mark.lb

This is a very interesting thread. The way this device works is fascinating.
The question I have is: For regular street riding even at an aggressive pace, does this “blipper” take away some of the FUN of riding the motorcycle? I love to clutch and shift, rev match, clutch up an occasional wheelie, etc. I see the necessity of a two way quick shifter on a track when you are racing but I’m afraid it might take away some of the things that give me enjoyment riding on the street.

holli

The question I have is: For regular street riding even at an aggressive pace, does this “blipper” take away some of the FUN of riding the motorcycle? I love to clutch and shift, rev match, clutch up an occasional wheelie, etc. I see the necessity of a two way quick shifter on a track when you are racing but I’m afraid it might take away some of the things that give me enjoyment riding on the street.
you still can do this - as soon as you use the clutch the blipper is not doing anything - so if you use the clutch no blipper - and if you want to shift without cluch it is possible too - as we still have winter in austria - i can't ride at the moment - but mostly i put it in place when i'm going into the mountains nearby - and do not need the clutch on down/up shifts there - on normal ride i would still use the clutch - i would guess/suspect -> only if i would like to be a hooligan rider - i could shift up/down without using the clutch **gg**

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Once you ride a bike with a auto blipper it just makes you smile using it on the street.

It’s just a matter of what is that smile worth to you.

I know healtech is still having issues. Which is what I’m waiting for.

Darren Shaw

Until you've tried it you'll never know, it's not for everyone but it is for me. I have ridden over half a million road miles and over 20,000 track miles and I love it, it gives me a more relaxed ride when i need it and a much more aggressive one when I want to be a hooligan

holli

short update - today we got 10 degree celsius in austria with lots of sun - and i did a short ride to see if all works - i put in place during the winter - it has been a long time since october - i did my last ride - but on the first shifts i got a big smile again and with the blipper in place - really cool - you have the throttle full open and shift up - the sound/performance itself it's more or less like you watch motogp live but riding a FTR **gg**
even on the downshift the blipper performs a really nice double-clutching - can't wait now till it's getting a bit warmer - so i can try it in the mountain roads ...

IRC

Can you take a video of it in action with wot upshifts and some high rpm down shifts?

I know some systems were having issues at WOT, and no manufacture has been able to produce a vid showing their product works at WOT
First of all,
HELLO TO EVERYBODY.
thanks to Holli who shown me an error in the manual and linked this forum.

Ferraiolo1, I understand what you mean.
We had the bike for 2 months and i drove all the day.
The blipping at higher rpm is, as you know, difficult on this bike because "limp" mode and consequently, "no throttle in hand" is more than a possibility.
We spent many hours, frankly pleasants, to test the bike in any road and even on a small italian track we have in the around.
All tests had been done with data logger and multichannel oscilloscope. Sometimes I was riding and the passenger was viewing data in real time :) so development on true roads, not on benches.
We spent 2 months because not easy and even because too nice bike so we had to have an excuse for not sending it back :)
I can confirm no limp mode with IRC blipper even if you try to downshift above 8,000rpm. However I dont think it's te way to ride this bike.
Remind that if you try to blip near the red zone, maybe the bike ECU doesn't allow the acceleration because there is a rpm limit you can't pass even if full throttle in 1st gear.
All our electronic tricks are far from the limp mode limit.
We sell products for motorcylist like us, not for simple customers. I know what a rider thinks when his bike is not performing as should do.
All parameters are those I personally used and liked. Then everybody can modify these making it perfect for his way of riding. I suggest don't modify too much to avoid damages. I mean that if you read a parameter at 80 you can set 70, 95, but not 40.
We set the parameters for everyday use, and for not damaging the engine. We didn't use universal settings, we didn't set in 20 minutes. We rode for many many kms (due to the conversion, only many miles)

Smartphone app is not necessary. When you ride a bike you ride a bike, not playing with your cellphone. If well set, no reason to change parameters while riding so, install the unit, set it up properly, spending 0÷30 mins or more if you like, and then forget. You are not a motogp electronic. We did this job for you. Just think to Enjoy your bike.

Last edited: