Is this right or....?

jctp124

So I've been periodically checking S&S's website to see if they have any news on their full 2-2 system being updated for the '22 model year and lo and behold, when you shop by bike and select the '22 model year, the 2-2 system shows up. I also checked Revzilla, same thing, it says it fits the '22.

Now I am obviously skeptical because I feel like either myself or someone else would have heard about this and posted it here already if it were true. I even emailed S&S a while back asking if they were going to update their full exhaust and didn't get a reply.

Anybody who owns the Grand national 2-2, do you think it's designed in such a way that it could be mocked up on a '22 with minimal effort/fabrication? Or should I send out some inquisitive emails to prevent some unsuspecting '22 owner from dropping $2k on something that wont fit their bike?

Max Kool

This system replaces the full system, including the header at the rear cylinder head. So I’d think it’s actually the same as previous years.

Charliemurphay

I have the 2-2. As @Max Kool said, it replaces the ENTIRE system including the outlet pipes that bolt to the head. So yes it should work with the ‘22 models just fine. Be warned that replacing the rear cylinder outlet pipe is a bit of a job requiring removal of the rear subframe+fuel tank to get to it. And removing the stock one and the 3 heat shields surrounding it was easily the most time consuming part of it.