Just recently found the FTR 1200 Forums

Breto

Hey Bretto,
I just bought my bike, I’m curious where you got the tail tidy and rear mud guard.
You done anything else to it..
Tail tidy is from naked rider in Victoria and the hugger was from Britain from a company called Powerbronze…👍😎 yeah I’ve posted a few different things. Lowered the front guard, replaced tyres with more road orientated rubber…had a cat delete pipe for a while with the standard Acros…three different tunes from Fuel Moto and now running the TOCE low Mount and runway Ryan’s tune…K&N air filter, a few suspension changes…different levers…there’s a bevy of stuff that most of the members here have done mate…just have a good look around, you’ll find some great help and hints here mate…great bunch of guys and girls with some awesome experience with these bikes…enjoy mate 👍😎

Aleko

Your a legend,
I just had mine re-flashed because of the cold stuff problem mind you I’ve only had it for a week but I’ve had a back after the reflash for two days seems okay for now but I’m so keen and curious about Ryan’s tune ..
I guess if I’m going to actually buy that I think I’d have to have a better exhaust and a filter system

Breto

Your a legend,
I just had mine re-flashed because of the cold stuff problem mind you I’ve only had it for a week but I’ve had a back after the reflash for two days seems okay for now but I’m so keen and curious about Ryan’s tune ..
I guess if I’m going to actually buy that I think I’d have to have a better exhaust and a filter system
So is yours a 2019?

Breto

Sorry just read your first post…so 2019 model…if they Re flashed it with the AH2 tune you may want to read @edgelett posts regarding the AH2 mate…I think you may find that you will need to send your ECU away to Ryan to get it bench tuned. Don’t think you can tune it via a PV3 if it’s been Re flashed with the AH2 but check with Tash. She has way more info on it than me man…👍😎

edgelett

12/20 compliance. It’s only done 400ks
if Indian have flashed your FTR with the latest ECU software you won't be able to get a tune from Ryan at Lloydz. he only sells PV3 tunes to people on the original ECU software sorry.
depending on where in Aus you are, you might be able to get a dyno tune instead.

Breto

if Indian have flashed your FTR with the latest ECU software you won't be able to get a tune from Ryan at Lloydz. he only sells PV3 tunes to people on the original ECU software sorry.
depending on where in Aus you are, you might be able to get a dyno tune instead.
Thanks Tash…I wasn’t real sure myself…I thought you had to send your ecu to him…thanks for clarifying that…👍😎

edgelett

Thanks Tash…I wasn’t real sure myself…I thought you had to send your ecu to him…thanks for clarifying that…👍😎
you do if you have the new ECU software.
but that's pretty a) difficult and b) expensive if you're in Australia. So it's really only a service for US residents, which is why I talked about the PV3 update only.
sorry for confusion.

you can of course contact him about sending your ECU to him, but who knows how long it will take to ship there and back at the moment with COVID...

kiwi dave

I've come the other way around.

I was running the Fuel Moto map FTR-S1_NCT_2.0_R1.djt which was a helluva improvement from stock.

But then the local importer offered me the latest Indian map MAS4A6.AP1951A. I found it offered a very clean response right off idle, better than the Fuel Moto one.

But I didn't realize that I couldn't go back to the previous map if I didn't like the new factory one.

How has a new map wiped the ability to replace it with another one, even if it is older? I'm confused.

edgelett

How has a new map wiped the ability to replace it with another one, even if it is older? I'm confused.
my understanding is that the fuel moto tunes work differently. but the AH2 software update from Indian is no longer compatible with tuning one of Ryan's tunes via the PV3. it just doesn't work. the AH2 isn't just a map it's a whole new software suite.

kiwi dave

My background dealing with maps has been dealing with updating maps on various Moto Guzzi models. It was just a matter of downloading the new map and writing it to the ECU.

A TPS reset was required, but if the previous map was saved, it was just a matter of rewriting the original or another one.

Is the FTR map a lot more sophisticated somehow?

edgelett

Is the FTR map a lot more sophisticated somehow?
Mike or Max know more about this than I do.
but again, I believe the 'new map' from Indian is not just a map - it's a whole set of new ECU software as well. And apparently, that software won't work properly with the PV3 and tune from Ryan which is why anyone with a Ryan tune has to send their ECU in if they update to the new software.
Fuel Moto claim they can tune with the PV3 and the new software though.

K9F

I was running the Fuel Moto map FTR-S1_NCT_2.0_R1.djt which was a helluva improvement from stock.

But then the local importer offered me the latest Indian map MAS4A6.AP1951A. I found it offered a very clean response right off idle, better than the Fuel Moto one.

But I didn't realize that I couldn't go back to the previous map if I didn't like the new factory one........

As Edgelett stated above and to avoid confusion: With Fuel Moto you can. With the lifetime map support they provide you just need to ask them for an AH2 compatible map and they should send you one in a few days timescale if you had a map from them already?

Aleko

S

But I didn't realize that I couldn't go back to the previous map if I didn't like the new
As Edgelett stated above and to avoid confusion: With Fuel Moto you can. With the lifetime map support they provide you just need to ask them for an AH2 compatible map and they should send you one in a few days timescale if you had a map from them already?
Two days in after the reflash and my thoughts are;
From cold runs very rich as you can smell the rich fuel mix from the pipes.
The bike seems to run well when it’s over 70° in temperature however ...
Here is the interesting bit .
It has stalled on me twice now with cars behind me and it is becoming dangerous it detonate on deceleration..
It pops and farts through the exhaust ,,,,
so it’s not right it was actually running well,, don’t know what the hell is going on now I’m only running premium 98 Ron fuel ..
It still has a hesitation around 3500-4000 rpm..

If you cane the arse out of the bike it goes well,, but if you’re actually just commuting it doesn’t like it ,,
Sooo.. what have they done..
Have they set the bloody bike up for the track or for commuting well it doesn’t seem like that because it doesn’t like the bike stalls ..
I was actually riding it and excuse my expression,, like a grandma upshifting 45000rpm and stalls on me at low, between 2–1st