Just recently found the FTR 1200 Forums

Aleko

there's quite a few FTR owners that have the FM/PV3 setup in Aus. the Aus/NZ Facebook page has a few that have one.
I went with Ryan Randall, very happy with my PV3 tune.
I guess I’m keen to find out now with my setup PV3/S+S grand national- who does the better tune ?
FM or Ryan?

kiwi dave

I guess I’m keen to find out now with my setup PV3/S+S grand national- who does the better tune ?
FM or Ryan?
I'm very happy with my Fuel Moto setup, but it took a while to get it sorted. Turned out to be a faulty unit.

The support is excellent.

Breto

Totally different…it’s horses for courses really…I went FM in the early stages. Cat delete pipe from naked rider and standard Acros. I settled on the Rev B tune and it was awesome. Now I run the TOCE low mount and Ryan’s tune and it’s a totally different animal. So really it’s what you want your set up to be and a tune to run that set up…👍😎

Aleko

Totally different…it’s horses for courses really…I went FM in the early stages. Cat delete pipe from naked rider and standard Acros. I settled on the Rev B tune and it was awesome. Now I run the TOCE low mount and Ryan’s tune and it’s a totally different animal. So really it’s what you want your set up to be and a tune to run that set up…👍😎
Very well said, mufflers are all different, and will have an effect on the time set up, fuels, riding style..
I guess in my head at the moment I'd love it to be plug and play..
Hopefully I get delivery this week,, I'll pop it all on with the standard tune and see how it goes,,🤞

Breto

Standard tune with any mod to the exhaust probably won’t cut it mate….apart from maybe taking the baffles out of the standard Acros but mike or max would be able to verify that I think…👍😎

edgelett

Very well said, mufflers are all different, and will have an effect on the time set up, fuels, riding style..
I guess in my head at the moment I'd love it to be plug and play..
Hopefully I get delivery this week,, I'll pop it all on with the standard tune and see how it goes,,🤞
if you're getting a 2022 FTR, you won't be able to get a tune from Ryan without sending your ECU to him in the USA.
he only does PV3 tunes for people on the original 2019 ECU software.
So that by itself may limit the options you have available.

There's also a chap named Thomas Kopp who is doing tunes for the FTR mainly for people in Europe, but Mark on the Aussie FB group just got one of his tunes and says it's awesome.
not sure if he's tuning the 2022 though - you'd have to speak to him directly

Aleko

if you're getting a 2022 FTR, you won't be able to get a tune from Ryan without sending your ECU to him in the USA.
he only does PV3 tunes for people on the original 2019 ECU software.
So that by itself may limit the options you have available.

There's also a chap named Thomas Kopp who is doing tunes for the FTR mainly for people in Europe, but Mark on the Aussie FB group just got one of his tunes and says it's awesome.
not sure if he's tuning the 2022 though - you'd have to speak to him directly
Great thanks for that ..Good to know.